Ejected red gateway card while the game is still running , Save files from game disappered

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by moethuta, Apr 30, 2014.

1. moethuta
    OP

moethuta Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    Bermuda
    Mandalay
    Anyway to recover ? =(

2. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Nope, because it never saved in the first place.

3. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    If you already had a save file for this game and the file for the save file was actually deleted from the 3DS SD Card you can try using Recuva ( http://www.piriform.com/recuva ) to restore it.

But if you tried to run the game again and it said "save corrupted, formatting save file" or something along those lines, it's improbable that you can recover it (unless if gateway actually deletes the save file on the SD card and create a new one instead of overwriting it).

4. cabal_man

cabal_man Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    The save games save onto your SD card, so chances are you never actually properly saved the game or else they would still be there.... or did they get corrupted when you ejected the card during saving?

5. MrEl

MrEl GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Same thing happened to me, I ejected my flash cart accidentally before I went to home menu and close the game. I lost my saves although I did save the game but didn't go to home menu and closed it.

6. Lunai

Lunai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    United States
    The multirom takes the save from the SD and plays with it.
    When you save, it updates the save in the mSD at the moment.
    When you shutdown or home+x, the save transfers back to the SD.

If you eject by accident, you should immediately put the red card mSD in a computer and see if the updated save is still there.
    Launching the game after an eject will simply reload the SD save, deleting the updated save on the mSD.