Hacking Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [Translation Port]

ShinRaikdou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Trying a paste translation to FC, and files structure seems very similar to PSP version.
But i can't find where dialogues from beginning of the game. Someone want to help me with that ?
Progress so far...
aRIdv04.jpg

eUHWHlA.jpg

gpR9tnI.jpg

4dcb09b242d9.jpg

2016_09_07_175535.jpg

Last edited by ShinRaikdou,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The scripts are different in content due to extra quests, events etc in the EVO versions so they are not 100% compatible. You may want to manually edit some of them accordingly.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to look into adding the changes to the script from the PC version. There were some changes made to make it more consistent with the rest of the series.

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you still working on this? I found the dialogue from the beginning of the game in the USA PSP version at data/scenario/0/t0310.bin starting at offset 00004411 (the ASCII text reads: "[..#290FMmm.....Daddy's really late...").

In the JPN Vita version, the line with #290F appears at offset 00003717 (with ASCII text: "[..#290F‚¤.[‚ñ.c.c..‚Æ."). I'm not sure if this is actually equivalent though, as nothing changed when I tried replacing the text here.

Still looking into it...

Last edited by the database,

FruitsEve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that some parts needs image editing also. like in the first picture with the item categories, also Estelles name on the second pictures corner.

xPridez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone still working on this? Tried replacing the bin files in the Vita version with the PSP version but the in game text just disappeared and ran through the events by itself.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone still working on this? Tried replacing the bin files in the Vita version with the PSP version but the in game text just disappeared and ran through the events by itself.
It doesn't work like that. The files are not 1:1 compatible in any way. It'll require slow, time consuming hex editing unless someone decompiles the scripts and sets up their own dumper and reinserter.

xPridez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference about how long would the hex editing process take because I'm currently taking a embedded software system class so I might be able to try this out

D

Deleted User

The part you've done so far is just replacing stuff in the text folder correct?
But the games script is held elsewhere, I assume in the Scenario folder, but that won't cover things like the games opening text notifications when you first start it up or when you select new game etc, so its just menu and map stuff for now it seems.

Unless someone is able to hack open the dialogue files, but even then i think it'd be a 1by1 thing, you'd have to know some Japanese to know if that dialogue box says the correct thing to what you intend on replacing it with.

That works fine for the 1.1 dialogues, but any new dialogue the game has, that'd just need translating entirely new. But I can't say I know what/if any new dialogue or quests even appear in the evo versions of the games, I haven't had a chance to check.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part you've done so far is just replacing stuff in the text folder correct?
But the games script is held elsewhere, I assume in the Scenario folder, but that won't cover things like the games opening text notifications when you first start it up or when you select new game etc, so its just menu and map stuff for now it seems.

Unless someone is able to hack open the dialogue files, but even then i think it'd be a 1by1 thing, you'd have to know some Japanese to know if that dialogue box says the correct thing to what you intend on replacing it with.

That works fine for the 1.1 dialogues, but any new dialogue the game has, that'd just need translating entirely new. But I can't say I know what/if any new dialogue or quests even appear in the evo versions of the games, I haven't had a chance to check.
The dialogue you mentioned in regard to system text and the like is always part of the Eboot.bin file.
For the most part the dialogue should be 1:1 because it uses the same script organization that the original game used, but until someone actually cracks open the scripts, just throwing in the English text is going to bring up a world of problems.

D

Deleted User

The dialogue you mentioned in regard to system text and the like is always part of the Eboot.bin file.
For the most part the dialogue should be 1:1 because it uses the same script organization that the original game used, but until someone actually cracks open the scripts, just throwing in the English text is going to bring up a world of problems.

With FC evo, go into the scenario folder, thats where all the games scripts are held, at least for the main plot anyway, it seems like some stuff like NPC dialogue perhaps, or quest dialogue, appears in the map folders, in SC its map 4 I can't say if its the same in FC though.

The original games never had a scenario folder, so infact I have no idea where the script in the original PSP is at all, did you manage to locate it?

Onto the next part.

I opened up t24221.bin in the scenario folder in notepad++ I changed the character encoding to Japanese ShiftJIS and now I can see the games actual script written out.

The screenshot here is from the games opening sequence

As you can see I can clearly view the games dialogue with no issues.

However, changing to shiftJIS causes issues when i save it out, even if i set the encoding back to the original, because some of the pointers aren't in the original location and the game doesn't know what to do.

So I sent the non working file, that caused the game to go black at the point where this dialogue is supposed to appear, over to a friend, he edited it in a hex editor so the pointers are in the correct location, I'm still waiting to see what the result of this is, if its positive I'll post it back.

Found the scripts as mentioned above for FC, BUT SC does not have a scenario folder, it does for the evolution release but not for the normal PSP release, so I'm still stumped on where to find the dialogue.

Additionally simply replacing the dialogue files here wouldn't work anyway, the dialogue in evolution references the voice acting, and also references the animated image that comes along with the text, so you'd literally have to go through each individual file and copy past the dialogue in, and in order to do that you'd need to know Japanese too.

Last edited by ,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not quite the same actually.

Maya has crashed on me so I had a quick chance to dive into it...etc
I think there was a slight misunderstanding.

By being 1:1 I meant the file names and the script contents itself will generally match the related script file from the original outside of additional events that have been added. I did not mean that you could just replace the scripts with the ones from the PSP or PC version, as they obviously would use different encodings, control codes, and pointers, and would crash if the Vita tried to load it.

I haven't looked into the PSP version, but the PC version has the scripts contained in the "ED6_DT01.dat" file as shown by the "ED6_DT01.dir" listing the script names (i.e. T4221).

It's not completely necessary to know Japanese to replace the script if someone has the Vita JP, original JP, and English scripts for the games because the file names correspond to each other and they would be able to directly correlate the original Japanese and English scripts together as they were not changed compared to the Vita remake.

D

Deleted User

I think there was a slight misunderstanding.

By being 1:1 I meant the file names and the script contents itself will generally match the related script file from the original outside of additional events that have been added. I did not mean that you could just replace the scripts with the ones from the PSP or PC version, as they obviously would use different encodings, control codes, and pointers, and would crash if the Vita tried to load it.

I haven't looked into the PSP version, but the PC version has the scripts contained in the "ED6_DT01.dat" file as shown by the "ED6_DT01.dir" listing the script names (i.e. T4221).

It's not completely necessary to know Japanese to replace the script if someone has the Vita JP, original JP, and English scripts for the games because the file names correspond to each other and they would be able to directly correlate the original Japanese and English scripts together as they were not changed compared to the Vita remake.

Sadly this is incorrect, and i reaaaaly wish it wasn't.

Translating SC will be harder than FC since FC's files used the same names, but FC's files also use the same names as SC, and contain completely different information.

T4221 in Japanese SC Evo is the very opening lines as Estelle wakes up, but in FC this same file is the lines from toward the end of the game, discussing how/why would a certain someone betray a certain someone (trying to be spoiler free here) if he loves his country so much.

I will have a comparison look with FC over this weekend if I get a little time, now that I know what I'm looking for it will be really fast.

The script in terms of whats said could very well line up, but the scripts in SCevo, and I'm guessing in FCevo too, have an additional piece of information before each dialogue line in the scenario files, called things like #005F or #1002F wheras the scripts in FC for PSP, when I looked, did not have this at all, and logic would assume that line one would be say #0001 and line 2 would be #0002 but nope, there is no order to them in the file, and the same linecode can be used in entirely different files, so if I had to guess I'd say its referencing something somewhere else.

Additionally for FCevo there is other information for dialogue inside the map files, this is where it notes what face to use, or what voice file to play.

I'll have a test with those at some point and see if I can get it to use a different line of dialogue on a certain piece of text.

One final thing is that in those same map files it notes how long the voice should go on for, usually between 1 and 3 seconds.

I'd say that since the order is not the same, and the codes are not the same, I'd think you'd need to know some Japanese to make sure you're replacing the correct piece of text, otherwise you'd be testing the same dialogue section for hours trying to find exactly what section to replace, because most of the games dialogue is duplicated in another file (the reason for this, I can't say I know at all...).

Interestingly the game doesn't crash if reads the file wrong, it either skips the dialogue entirely and autoruns through that particular section as though you'd skipped all the dialogue, or the screen goes black but the music and sound effects can still be heard perfectly fine, indicating that its only the visual side of things thats hit a bug, of course the game isn't playable here, but its not a hard crash that forces the game to shutdown.

I'll continue to look into the files and see how I get on, and i look forward to what the rest of you discover as you look through the files and run tests.

One interesting thing worth noting is some file names have changed or pointers are in entirely different places (asthough the file were now being searched bottom up instead of top up), in one of my first tests I replaced the weapons file, and now estelles weapon description and name was all about how tasty this particular thing is and positive for health, so it was reading somewhere drastically different in the file, I'll probably do all that stuff last, as people can still play a game if the weapons aren't in English, but the games dialogue is what needs doing most.

Reactions: AttackOtter
D

Deleted User

Checked, these are the results.

I've read through bits of dialogue here and there, maybe 1/20th of it at most, as there's a lot of text there, but from what I have read, and the terms I've searched (locations, names etc to see what pops up) it appears to not contain the same information, the best way for me to test this really, is to simply check online what the first words spoken in the game are in Japanese, and then check what the first words spoken in English are, and then using notepad++ do a search through all the files (its automated) for those specific dialogue lines, see if they're in the same file, and then go from there really.

But looking at it, it doesn't appear to be the same file, and so its possible that in order to translate the game someone would have to go through the entire game editing the scripts manually whilst playing both games simultaneously to find the exact dialogue lines to replace.

It might turn out to be easier to simply replace the models, textures, sprites and then finally add the vocals along with the correct pointers into the English PC version (PSP too I suppose, but I'd say PSP since people had luck with it before).

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I suppose the project is dead!?

The project isn't dead, but it has rather hit a wall.

Give it a few weeks and the original poster might have results, and if I manage to get a free 20-30 minutes at work i may also give it a shot again.

Last edited by ,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora FC Evo seems easy to decompile.
Other Sora FC versions seem hard.
You have to fully decompile both to succeed.
I think the script format for the Kiseki EVO games might be similar to Nayuta.
Nayuta decompiler: http://pastebin.com/jyhLxky6
HoL project tools (has Nayuta dumper & inserter for Nayuta): http://www.heroesoflegend.org/forums/app.php/page/tools

Just that alone won't be enough, after that you'll need to match them up.
Also I don't think executables (.ELF) can be modified at this time.

D

Deleted User

Sora FC Evo seems easy to decompile.
Other Sora FC versions seem hard.
You have to fully decompile both to succeed.
I didn't really have to decompile anything other than the psarc, as you can see above provided I change the encoding to shiftJIS I can easily view the Japanese script, its not compressed or anything at all.
The main issue is that its looking for the file to be exactly as it was when it was made, so changing that moves some of the pointers (wrong terminology perhaps).

Sora FC and Sora SC and even 3rd have the exact same layout, I haven't looked at the other kiseki games, but I'd imagine they MIGHT be similar.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey