Hacking Either USB2.0 cIOS or DVDx broke my FTPii

BlackEnigma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use FTPii to transfer stuff to my Wii from my PC because my PC is upstairs and my Wii is downstairs.

Anyway today I started up FTPii on the Wii and ran upstairs because I wanted to put the latest Coverfloader on my Wii because to my knowledge Coverfloader doesn't have an updater like USB Loader GX does.

So I run upstairs and open FileZilla and to my surprise only 2 things are listed (isfs and nand) instead of the usual 4 things (isfs, nand, sd, and usb)

My first thought was that it was because of the IP of my Wii. Just a few days ago it mysteriously changed from 192.168.1.4 to 192.168.1.6 So when I tried to access shared folders on my PC from my Wii I couldn't until I added the Wii's new IP as a trusted IP in the firewall. But then I thought to myself, that should only be a problem when the Wii tries to access the PC, not when the PC tries to access the Wii.

So I go back downstairs and to my surprise again, it says failed to mount SD (never seen this before)

And I think to myself what was the last thing that I did that could have caused this. And I remembered reading at the MPlayerCE googlecode page http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/ that

"30.06.2009 We advise MPlayerCE users who use SMB to install the cIOS which can be found Here

Why you may be wondering? This gives much better stability streaming over wifi, it has been thoroughly tested against IOS36 as a base (which we advised before, now changed), so in theory the new IOS60 has better wifi support."

I had done this earlier.

I deleted my previous IOS222 and uninstalled DVDx and used the cIOS installer to install again at 222 using IOS36 base IOS60 and then installed DVDx over that at IOS222.

So in an attempt to get things working again I deleted IOS222. But when I went back to FTPii... black screen.... OH no! brick! brick!... ok, no brick but it was just a black screen.
So then I uninstalled DVDx. This time when I went back to FTPii everything was back to normal.

So I was wondering if anyone knows about this. And if there isn't anything I can do to fix it, at least why the installation of these two things has this effect on FTPii. I honestly can't think of why it would.

Should I not install 222 with the base of 60? FTPii didn't start working again until I uninstalled DVDx.
I had this same setup before with USB2.0 cIOS and DVDx installed over it and it worked before.

Or maybe my post if just confusing and I should just let this whole situation ride.

If anyone knows please do tell. This kind of stuff interests me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans