Either I'm going deaf or my PC sounds won't work

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After the news that my PC's mobo burnt out, my dad (with much hesistance) decided to get a new one. AND HERE IT IS...

dsc01193ah7.jpg

# Intel Pentium D 950 Processor
# 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB Cache
# Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
# 2GB DDR RAM
# 400GB Hard Disk Drive
# Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW Drive
# DVD ROM Drive
# 256MB nVidia Geforce 7300GS Graphics
# Wireless Keyboard + Mouse

But since Packard Bell thought that we were computer newbies it was preloaded with TONs of junk... including AOL so I formatted it. But I think in doing so, I wiped out the stuff that makes the sound work. My speakers is this:

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/4points.html

yes, it's old but I'm still frustrated over how to get the sound to work. Am I suppose to install something that came with the speakers or am I suppose to do something else?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has nothing to do with your speakers, you just haven't installed the sound card drivers. Find out what the make of your sound card is and google for a driver and install and your sound will be back.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're deaf. I tried calling you last night but you said you couldn't hear me and I was right in the room with you.

Dragonsend

Trophies
Website
www.thetransformersnetwork.com
XP
Country
United States
In windows to help see what you need for sound card drivers try

start/run/ and type dxdiag... hit sound tab and it may pull up the model and manufacturer of your soundcard. This will be useful in searching for drivers. Another method is to get into your device manager start/run type devmgmt.msc and see if you have a yellow exclamation on any of your devices and that will tell you what drivers are not installed on your pc or which are enabled or disabled. you can also click on the different devices and tell them to update driver. This doesn't always work if it didn't detect it the first time but if you are using windows it can search the windows update site for additional drivers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol