War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Right now is lunch time at my school, and I only have one final exam left. (They call them "finals", but they are essentially semester exams). Fortunately, out of 6 classes, I only had to take 4. The only one left is English, which should be a breeze.

Thought I should mention something funny that happened... I was in Calculus, and I was sitting at the front of the classroom along with some other random kids that had over 100% in the class (which meant we didn't have to take the final). So yeah, I'm sitting next to this kid, and he pulls out a DS and starts playing. I said "Oh man, I should have brought my DS!" and tried to start up some conversation. He looks at me like he wants to rip my head off, then just ignores me and keeps playing. I noticed that he had played a couple of different games without switching carts, so I assumed he had some sort of flashcart. Almost at the end of class, a friend comes up to DS guy and the DS guy starts bragging and showing off about his R4. He says he has a whole "1GB worth of games!" and that the R4 is the best flashcart. His friend says he wants to get one really bad, but DS guy says that they are HARD TO FIND and worth over 100 bucks online. LOL. I wanted to say something, but I just kept my mouth closed.

Anyway, I'm thinking about writing up another War's Awesome Reviews, although I think this one will be a lot of quick reviews instead of one in-depth one.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rofl. I would have flamed him for lack of knowledge.. or pulled out several flashcards.
biggrin.gif

OMG!.. 1 Gb!
biggrin.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should've said "You both suck, everyone knows the R4 is teh worst flashcard out there! I have a CycloDS and i p0wn you both for that reason"
smileipb2.png

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Ha that story made me laugh. He ignored you and then started talking nonsense to his friend, not knowing your magazine staff at the biggest scene site on the net.

Good luck on your exams too.

yaypsp.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So cool, I would have totally advertised GBAtemp to them!
That way they would learn that the R4DS isn't such a good flashcart after all
tongue.gif

But seeing how that first guy treated you, it maybe isn't such a good idea.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe we need gbatemp cards, kinda like business cards, to throw at idiots like this.

on the other hand, I think for the sake of the poor servers alone we should refrain from doing too much advertising...

edit: w00t 1000th post!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
maybe we need gbatemp cards, kinda like business cards, to throw at idiots like this.

on the other hand, I think for the sake of the poor servers alone we should refrain from doing too much advertising...

Haha that would be cool, but then we'd have a ton of new members asking questions that have been answered a million times.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sstew said:
UltraMagnus said:

Haha that would be cool, but then we'd have a ton of new members asking questions that have been answered a million times.

We've got a shitload of active members that are willing to help them, and there are already a lot of tutorials on the forum too.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Sstew said:
UltraMagnus said:

We've got a shitload of active members that are willing to help them, and there are already a lot of tutorials on the forum too.

Yeah, Assuming they read the tutorials
tongue.gif

I like the Business card idea
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I wouldn't tell the guy about GBAtemp, we don't need any assholes like that in our site!

PS: If that was your science, why did you ignore me? :< I was just inquiring about your sexy R4 and the slew of games that fit into to that huge 1Gb card. (Since when do they even make them that big?!)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
LoL is someone said somehing like that in front of me, I'll ignite my flamethrower
laugh.gif

seriously, he's too much. A newb won't brag that R4 is the best flashcart

But, then... if he bought his in 2007, and haven't been foloowing the news for a whole year. He's kind a right...
unsure.gif
except the price part

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol