EFA Linker--is it good with a Cyclo?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by gizmo_gal, Apr 18, 2008.

Apr 18, 2008
  1. gizmo_gal
    OP

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    I don't have a Cyclo yet but I have my heart set on one. However I'd like to get a cheap GBA flashcard for my GBA (Wasn't that a repetitive statement?) Just to take some of my favorite homebrew with me and I think I've decided on the EFA Linker. Will this be compatible down the road with a Cyclo or should I get some other slot 2? If so, please suggest something that will work with an original DS.

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    The EFA should work if you use boot slot 2 or use the hot keys (I'm not sure what they are for loading screen of the Cyclo). It is a bit slow to load games on to it and annoying to get to work (drivers), but if you want something cheap (about 20USD on Dealextreme) and can play full speed(have to disable cheats, but the cheats are hard to get to work anyways), then the EFA will definitely be a good choice. Homebrew will also work great.

3. gizmo_gal
    OP

United States
    Thanks, do you know if I could also store games on the Slot 1 and boot them from the GBA slot?

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Games cannot be stored on the Slot 1 and moved over due to the fact it uses NAND memory, but this also allows the highest speed possible for games. NAND memory also takes forever to write to(You use a USB cable). If you're hoping to use anything like Rumble, RAM, or have GBA games on the slot 1 SD card, then you should get a Phat Ez 3in1, maybe the EZ IV(no rumble and still needs a SD card, but you can use GBA EXPLoader), and the bigger versions of the M3(no rumble and requires SD card). I suggest the Phat Ez 3in1 for the cheapest price. I don't think they sell bigger versions of the EZ4, and the M3 is a bit pricey.

5. gizmo_gal
    OP

United States
    Thankedy, vewy much :3, Wingless.

P.S. I love your avi!

6. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Get the Elink instead thats what I have.