EFA LINKER II 1Gb on Mac OS X

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by trixtyle, Oct 20, 2008.

Oct 20, 2008

EFA LINKER II 1Gb on Mac OS X by trixtyle at 5:04 PM (1,527 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. trixtyle
    OP

Newcomer trixtyle Newbie

United States
    Hey Everyone,
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Problem:
    EFA Linker II (blue) 1Gb won't work on my Intel MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.5

Details:
    The LED won't even go on. It flickers for a millisecond or two as the cord goes into the USB, but I attribute that to static or something.
    My GBA SP doesn't register that a cartridge is in when I put the EFA in it.
    EDIT: When no cartridge is in the GBA and I turn it on, there is a green light. With the EFA, there is a red light. I take that to mean that the GBA thinks there's an error in the cartridge.

Attempts at fixing:
    I've searched and searched for something to help me online, some kind of mac driver or anything. I've looked for how to force a mac to recheck its USB ports, but to no avail. (I had to do a similar thing to get my Razr to charge off my USB, but luckily they are common enough that someone had written a program)

Attempts at workaround:
    Having been foiled, I moved to the PC side of things (a large inconvenience for me, so ideally, I'd get this working for Mac). That also wouldn't simply pop up as a drive like a thumb drive might. The light didn't even turn on. I found other posts on this marvelous site of yours that helped out. Eventually, through installing drivers and such, I got the LED to be green, but I had to convince my PC that it was an EFA simple (which didn't do anything) and then a Long-Card (which, again, didn't do anything)
    No the LED stays on even when all the drivers for the thing are uninstalled.
    But regardless of what I do, I can't get my linker to work... and I really really want to play Ninja 5-0!!

PLEASE PLEASE help. There's nothing I hate more than a waste of money. Thanks again.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    drivers are windows only. your out of luck.

3. Movi

Newcomer Movi Advanced Member

Poland
    Use Parallels/vmWare/Virtual Box and install windows on that.

4. trixtyle
    OP

Newcomer trixtyle Newbie

United States
    Ok, well that's too bad about the Mac.

But I'm also having problems with my PC drivers working. I read on here that when DealsExtreme ships a EFA II 1gb, it's actually an EFA I or EFA Simple. I applied this knowledge and tried to install the appropriate drivers, but still no luck. Does the EFA simple pop up as a drive when the drivers are installed? Or does it just sit there until a client accesses it.

All in all, this has been an amazingly frustrating experience. I really hope it ends up being worth it.

Has anyone gotten an DealsExtreme 1gb EFA simple working on XP?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    read my sig.