EFA Linker II 1 Gb. RTC question and others

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Tamakun, Oct 30, 2008.

Oct 30, 2008
  1. Tamakun
    OP

Newcomer Tamakun Newbie

United States
    ok im thinking of getting the EFA Linker II just for the RTC option and also because its available. i havent seen any other low priced good card out there that features RTC. i was thinking of getting the ez flash iii, but i cant find any. the sites i do find them they are too expensive plus theyre under euro dollars. so yeah.

anyways my first question is, does anybody know of another low priced card thats available that has RTC? i preferably want it to atleast have 1 Gb of memory like the EFA linker, or it could have an external memory option like an sd slot or something.

also does anyone know if the efa linker II being sold in dealextreme really fake or not?

Also, say for example i put goomba color with pokemon silver on the EFA. Since pokemon silver needs a RTC for a crap load of events, will the RTC in the EFA work on pokemon silver? I wasnt sure if it did since pokemon is ON Goomba color.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Goomba Color does not support the RTC at all. Lameboy does, but that's for the DS, not the GBA. For these GBC games, you'll need to see if there's an RTC patch available.

3. IceRentoraa29

Member IceRentoraa29 Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.

United States
    It's already been confirmed that the EFA II on DealExtreme is fake (more specifically a 1Gb version of the EFA Simple) so RTC for that card is out of the question. As for the EZFlash III, they're incredibly hard to find nowadays or if you do find one it costs you the shirt off your back and more. If you really want RTC badly enough though you will probably have to shell out some money on the M3 Perfect (not Pro as it doesn't have GBA compatibility) The cheapest I've found this one for was on Abotcity.com for $69.99 + $5.99 shipping (it's the DS Lite version but the case can be swapped for a GBA sized one which comes with it).

4. Tamakun
    OP

Newcomer Tamakun Newbie

United States
    thats out of my price range >.>. does anyone know where to get a legit EFA Linker II 1 Gb?

surely there some other alternative besides the M3 Perfect Lite.

do you guys think its worth it to find a card with RTC? cuz since im only going to be using it for pokemon, i might as well buy a used pokemon game under 20 bucks instead of just looking for a card with just this feature.

i heard that one of the best all around Slot-2 cards is the EZ Flash IV Delux, so i might consider that. for the price, is that like the best card available?

5. Tamakun
    OP

Newcomer Tamakun Newbie

United States
    can anyone please answer my questions? >.>. sorry if im bumping.

6. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    IIRC, legit EFA II got discontinued long ago, so the possibility of finding one today is really slim.

The EZ-Flash IV is a good option, but be ware that it doesn't has a RTC.

The EFA-Linker you can find on DealExtreme is a good flash nonetheless, even if it's incompatible with SiS and nForce chipset. So yeah, the EZ-Flash IV seems the best option out there.

Be sure to get the model which has the biggest memory, as there are a lot of them with really different memory sizes in them.

7. Tamakun
    OP

Newcomer Tamakun Newbie

United States
    oh mah gawd....youve watched Gurren Lagann also? thats tight man, i dont find too many people online that have watched that series before. your avatar is nice lol . *steals* XD.

anyways thanks for the advice. i think im gonna get the ez flash iv now.