moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had my EFA Linker for a while and have been using it fine with no problems, then I decided I wanted to replace one rom with another, so I deleted one but when I clicked write on the new one it'd say backing up loader then stop at 48% and not write the rom. I tried a couple of times but this happened everytime, so I decided to backup my saves, format it, then just put them all back on. I clicked format about 10 minutes ago and the clients unresponsive and the red light is on on the cart. Does it normally take this long?
What shall I do?

EDIT:
I ctrl+alt+del and ended the client, and it's stopped now, but it's now just the same as before and won't write the rom, any ideas?

EDIT2:
I figured it out.

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, well the above problem has been fixed and I formatted my cart then added the games I wanted back on. Before I did that though I backed up my saves and then wrote them back on but when I go to play them they're not there, and I have to start a new game!
Please tell me it did actually back up my saves ;-;

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
the 1.0 client software doesn't back up saves properly. I am looking into other methods of doing it. you probably wrote back blank save states.

I am using the wayback machine to pull stuff off the efa.cc website. I am experimenting right now with other loaders up to the ones where they switched to a NDS loader only. so I will see how far I get with that.

The format button only formats the storage and boot areas and not the save area, so you did not have to save most of your saves.

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So now that I've written over the saves (since I did "write save" with the blanks) my previous saves have been overwritten?
frown.gif

Should be written on the download section.. I'll comment it so people don't make the same mistake..

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
yup you overwrote your own saves with blank saves you made with the client.

I had some suspicions that the 1.0 client made blank saves files. I thought it was a battery on mine that caused it so I didn't say anything until some people started to complain about erased saves after backing up and reloading them. your the 4th person to mention it.

it works fine when you load stuff from others like the 3in1 saves to the EFA but you can't get anything off it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...