Hacking EFA Linker 512M Simple

compmike19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a EFA-Linker 512M Simple and have downloaded the Client V1.0 to load roms. I have no problem installing the driver or software. I add the rom and check the loader or not then write the rom. The card writes then displays the contents fine. I am trying to play the roms I loaded on a Nintendo DS. I have tried 1 game alone no loader, 1 game with GBA loader, 1 game with NDS loader and multiple games with both loaders. I can't seem to get anything to load up. It either freezes at the GB boot screen or gives me a black screen afterwards. Is there something special I need to do to get this to run? Also tried on a GBA and no go either.

Thanks,
Mike

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88208

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=60757

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80680

Read those, they pretty much cover everything about it, problem wise.

Summary of everything:

Charge it for 8 hours before doing anything.

Drivers work with XP. might require compatibilitly mode in Vista x86. Unsigned drivers will NEVER LOAD in Vista x64.

If you buttons seem to disappear, try formating the cart.

If you have Nforce chipsets on your motherboard, you will not be able to detect the device properly. Same thing with some newer SiS chipsets.

It has NO RTC (Real Time Clock), even though there is a calendar and clock in the menu options.

Pick GBA LOADER and not the NDS LOADER and load GBA ROMS, NDS game support suck with the 1.0 loader, causes games to glitch.

Gardenhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I found that it was freezing becuase I have to push it in firmly for it to work (The case is kinda split so it requires a special technique). But now my problem is that it loses saves, If I save a game then turn it off and on the save will be there, but if I leave the micro off for a while it loses the save. I charged it for 8 hours when I got it but I've put it in to charge again incase thats the problem.

Got any ideas how_do_i_do_that?

Gardenhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I just took it apart and the battery is disconected, this might have happened when I was taking it apart, do you know if the card would have worked without the battery being conected?

Actualy that explains why it would only work sometimes when I pluged it in, ok so I need to re-solder it
hate2.gif
Fuck nothing ever just works how it should.
mad.gif

Gardenhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I just soldered the battery back on, reformated the card and Im now writing the roms to it then I'm gonna leave it to charge overnight. Here's to hoping it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal