bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Hello,
I finally got my EFA 512 Simple and have been reading up on it for a while now, so I didn't expect it to be a smooth ride.

My current problem is I can only put ROMs up to about 230Mb on it. If I try to fill up the whole card, when it gets just under half full, the software jams in the erasing phase. I'm using version 1 of the client, I've tried loaders from version 1 and from 2.83 (DS and GBA loaders, makes no difference).

I've tried formatting the card, putting into different USB ports (currently it's plugged directly into the computer), installing both driver options oem5.inf and efasw.inf (I think) and I even tried using version 2.83 of the client software, which as I expected recognised it as a 256Mb EFA.

Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated as I have done loads of reading, both before and since getting my card and I haven't come across this particular problem. Oh yeah, my PC has a VIA chipset and the games that DO load onto my EFA do work fine on my DS, with the GBA or DS loaders, I'd just like to be able to use the full capacity.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
it measures the capacity by how much save space you got left, not by the 512mb storage. make sure most of your games use the lowest possible save size as possible to cram as many games as you can on there. there are some games where you can pick zero save size.

Some games you can't pick the lowest save size (64k) but you have to either pick 128k or 256k; those would be games like RPG type games where there are alot of detail information on the inventory etc.

bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Thank you, but you misunderstand. There is still space for saves AND space for ROMs, but once I got past about 230Mb (30MB-ish) it freezes during the erasing phase (before it writes the ROM).

Any ideas?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your usb controller can't access it properly. basically it freezes half way through. you need to use something else like a usb controller card or a usb port off an internal memory card reader.

and no I did not misunderstand the situation on it, I got about 20 of them and I have every problem under the sun with all of them. you just need to phrase your problem better, vauge descriptions of problems by users result in poor answers from those who can give you an answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....