Supah Eirian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone using a EFA 512 and Mac OSX?

I just ordered one. Have a PC, but would rather use my Mac. Is it true you can just drag and drop ROMS into the cart like an SD card?
Also, I have some ROMS but I don't know if they are good. They came as zip files, and my comp unzipped them. Now they are Folders.... with lotsa stuff in them. Should I look for the file ending in .gba? I have an R4 and I know DS roms end in .nds, but do I want GBA roms ending in .gba?

Just trying to get things together so I can have fun when the EFA comes in the mail.

Any help would be super-dee-duper!!!
smile.gif

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone using a EFA 512 and Mac OSX?

I just ordered one. Have a PC, but would rather use my Mac. Is it true you can just drag and drop ROMS into the cart like an SD card?

review here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=22823

According to that, you need to use their (Windows-based) software.
I visited their page for their latest software, and all links not working:
http://www.efa.cc/support.html

Oh well. I'm still waiting on mine, too.

Supah Eirian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the EFA Simple 512 Mbit, does that mean I need to use v1.0 of the client and have no RTC?
cry.gif

I couldn't find the EFA II for sale anywhere, I guess I should have looked a little harder. What about the GBA roms, are they zip files or just a file ending in .gba?

I guess I'll just use the PC... is Darwine reliable? I read on the site it wasn't recommended for users, so I'm not sure about running it.

I read somewhere, but now can't find the post, that the EFA wont work with certain chipsets, anyone know which one?

I don't think I'll need the RTC anyway, now I'm just worried about it working on my PC!!!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now that I see the review, I've seen that it requires custom drivers. So it's not a standard USB driver... I don't think that OSX can use Windows drivers, so it's a no-no. You have to use a standard Windows PC
tongue.gif

Or you could use something like Virtual PC to set a virtual Windows XP inside your MacOSX to use the flashing software.

I've not found anything about chipset incompatibilities, so there's no problem with any save type
tongue.gif

Supah Eirian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deal extreme? I'll go there next time I purchase something. In the meantime I got a 4GB microSD card for my R4 to keep me occupied!!!

The simple sounds like a true POS, I'm kinda bummed
cry.gif

I got ripped off!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c