Eepinator help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Dermy, Nov 12, 2007.

Nov 12, 2007

Eepinator help by Dermy at 3:15 AM (1,193 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm having trouble writing the saves I got using it to the 3 in 1. I get 64kb saves when I use the program for each game and they were written to my R4. I tried writing the saves to my 3 in 1 using GBALdr and using my EZV. Sometimes the saves are corrupted, and sometimes they aren't there at all. For example I would write Golden Sun and its .sav to it and I would still start at the character naming screen. Do you have to convert the saves or something?

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think you need to pad the file to 128kB.

Get a hex editor (I use XVI32), go to the end of the file, find the option to add something x amount of times (in XVI32 it is Edit->Input String), make it so it looks like [​IMG]

It should work.

3. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok thanks I'll try that. But I just realized that after opening it with XVI32 that the file is completely blank. Its not copying the saves correctly. I have no clue why it is doing that. Well, now I have to try again.

Edit: maybe the game doesn't use an sram save.

4. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    According to Pocketheaven it uses flash to save. (EEPinator sounds like it would work with stuff other than SRAM...)

5. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    PocketHeaven says that the games I want saves from are either flash or epproms. I tried one game that is an sram but eepinator still wrote a blank file. I've heard of another program that could get saves from gba games but I think it only works on slot 2 carts.