War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Not much of an "unboxing", but I did take a bunch of pics. I'm in love with this thing! It's a black eeePC 1000HE.

P1010036.jpg
Here is just the box it arrived in.

P1010037.jpg
eeePC is in the box (battery isn't in yet), carrying pouch is outside. It's pretty nice.

P1010038.jpg
eeePC and pouch are out of box.

P1010039.jpg
Here is the eeePC opened up. It's not on, and the battery isn't in. I've seen tons of pictures of it, but I never imagined it to be this small. However, I'm not saying that's a bad thing! It's really light and portable, even with the battery in. The screen is also a nice size, but I'm sure some people hate it. I have a huge 22" monitor and have no problem using the eeePC. In fact, the eeePC is such a nice break for my poor eyes, lol.

P1010040.jpg
Here is a comparison of my DS Lite (it seems a little bigger because it has a plastic case to protect it) and the eeePC.

P1010041-1.jpg
A comparison of a book (The Grapes of Wrath, hard cover) and the eeePC.

P1010042-1.jpg
A (not very clear) width comparison between the eeePC and a volume of Death Note (manga). It's not very clear, but they are almost the exact same size.

P1010043-2.jpg
Here are most of the contents that came with the box. Top: (left to right) Cable (charger), charger, pouch. Next row: eeePC, battery, microfiber cloth. (Yep, that came with the contents too)

P1010044.jpg
Another shot of most of the contents. Not pictured are the manuals and a CD.

That's all I could take before the battery on the camera ran out. I'm really glad about my purchase so far. The battery life has been awesome so far, the keyboard took no time to get used to. The only thing that is taking some time is the track pad, but that's because I've never had a laptop (or netbook) before. The hard drive came in 2 partitions: Local Disk (C:) 82 gigs, Local Disk (D:) 61 gigs.

What programs do you guys suggest I install? I've got Avast!, VLC, Forefox, and CCleaner so far.

PS: If anyone wants any specific pictures taken, let me know.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War also sells a lot of things.
Install these as well:
Google Chrome
Panasonic SD Formatter
VLC Media Player
HTTrack Website Copier
uTorrent
???
That's all I can think of...

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You know, I forgot to check if it had MS Office installed already... Don't think it does. As far as Photoshop goes, I would assume it can handle it, but I wouldn't recommend it (unless you don't have a desktop PC).

I really haven't bought many things... a new monitor, video card, and this eeePC, and all the money came from me selling basically everything except the most important stuff. (DS and 360)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Advice Dog said:
Get Soulseek, uTorrent, Opera, and 7-zip to start

also get sum emus for it if it will handle them. you could hold it as a giant GameBoy.
haha emus would be really fun, GBA, GBC, DS, and PS1 etc. can it handle computer games like WOW and FPSs? If so definitely get those on it so you can have an amazing portable gaming experience anytime, anywhere.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
GBA, GBC, and DS make no sense since you can play them on a DS anyway. Handheld games stay on handhelds.
............o yeah

smileipb2.png

but yeah, console emus would be fun on teh go. I personally don't like the DS's tiny screen for emulation.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've already downloaded a couple emus. The ones I'm interested are PS1, N64, and GBA. (I don't have a Slot 2 device so I can't play them on my DS)

I just noticed that the eeePC came with a sort of Microsoft Office thing... it's called StarOffice.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
PS: If anyone wants any specific pictures taken, let me know.
At first i was like eeePC? either hes going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MY PC ARRIVED (Like those girls in movies when excited) or she had a stuck E key.

Programs to install?
Xfire
Trillian, Both chat messengers, Xfire = ingame, Trillian = pretty much EVERY instant messenger, less mess / memory used

Microsoft Office (If you can afford it)
Adobe Photoshop/image viewer, i find image viewer very good.

AVG Anti Virus, just to make sure

A Media player, such as Itunes, or WMP (Windows med player)

UTorrent, For all teh illegal torrents you find
tongue.gif

Winrar.

If you need a tabbing program, you can always find a crack for Guitar Pro 5.
Anything else, i dont know. These are all the programs i use DAILY, or most often.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I've already downloaded a couple emus. The ones I'm interested are PS1, N64, and GBA. (I don't have a Slot 2 device so I can't play them on my DS)

I just noticed that the eeePC came with a sort of Microsoft Office thing... it's called StarOffice.
hmmmm................. by Sun Microsystems? heard their OpenOffice was good, so you mind as well try it.

oh and don't forget ROM organizers. Maybe GIMP. Also don't forget any software for other gadgets (like your digital camera, lol)

Posts merged

launchyyyyyyyyyy

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm, Chrome is actually pretty nice. Alright, all I'm missing is iTunes, Trillian, and maybe some other anti virus. I already have Avast so Im not sure if I need anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: