kirbymania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wireless USB adatper for Nintendo DS Lite WiFi Setup

Be sure the type of internet connection before installing. If your computer directly connects internet by Modem/ISDN/ADSL, please make the settings according to Part One. If your computer connects internet through LAN, please refer to Part Two.

Part One

1.Hardware Connection:
Please don’t connect the USB adapter to your computer before its driver is installed. The driver is in the CD that comes with the product, after the installation is complete, you can plug the adapter into your computer.

2.Computer settings:
1) Open “My Network Places”---click on “View Network Connections”---- Click on “Broadband” with rightkey of your mouse----Choose “Properties”----In the option of “Advanced”, set Internet Connection Share available to other network users.

2) Double click on the icon of Wireless LAN on the right undercorner.

3) Choose “Access Point” in the mode. (If it isn’t avaialble, continue next step.)

4) Open “My Network Places”---click on “View Network Connections”---- Click on “Wireless Network” with rightkey of your mouse----Choose “Properties”.

Choose “Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)”, Press the button of Properties. Manually specify IP address: 192.168.0.1, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0. Press OK to save the settings.

5) Disable the firewall of your computer.

6) Click on Start---Run---input “CMD” in new window---input “ipconfig/all”, press Enter. Please find the DNS Servers address from screen and record it.

7) Pull out the USB adapter and re-plug it in.

3.NDS Settings

1) Play a game which must support WIFI connection, just like that in the below picture.

2) Choose “NINTENDO WFC”, then choose “NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS”, you can make WIFI connection settings.

3) Click on “Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings” on the left side.

4) Select anyone in above three connections.

5) Choose “Search for an Access Point”.

6) Search will begin automatically, e.g. the below photo, a wireless connection has been found. Press A button or choose “OK” to continue to test.

7) Whether the test is successful or not, click on “Ready” to make settings manually.

8) Please refer to the below photo, disable Auto-obtain IP Address and Auto-obtain DNS.
IP Address: 192.168.0.5(The last number may be any in 2-254, but it must be unique.)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1(Wireless Network IP address)
Primary DNS: input DNS Server address you recorded
Secondary DNS: optional

9)Choose “Test Connection” to test the setting. If pass, save setting to exit.

10)Back to NINTENDO WFC, choose “NINTENDO WFC MATCH” to play game through WIFI. ( You can make the setting once, other games will use same settings if successful. No need to do that again.)

Part Two

If your computer connects internet through LAN, you need to pay attention to the points below.

The differences from Part One:
Computer Settings:
1. The first step is setting share of LAN(Local Area Connection) available, not Broadband.

2. On the third step, if 192.168.0.1 is used by other computer, please change the IP address of either the computer or the USB adapter. If it is used by yourself computer, please choose “Obtain an IP address automatically”.

3. On the sixth step, please use DNS address of LAN.

Other settings are as same as Part One.

kirbymania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude i have no idea i tried them both. i got pissed off with mine before he sent me the instructions and went out and bought a nintendo wifi deal. so i havent tried to get the edup one to work yet if anyone gets it going let me know . or post what you had to do or if the instructions he sent are correct

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night