Tutorial Edizon SE with Pointer Searcher SE Tutorial

weirdoku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I wonder if someone can give me some pointers. I am currently attempting to search for codes for Don’t Starve. I can memory edit and narrow down to a single address for item quantity at the moment.

I would like to get to the actual codes so it sticks with each new game load. I followed the instructions up to the part to connect to Pointer Search SE. I can connect my switch by IP, and the sys module box also turns green as well.

However it does not freeze the game but I can download the bookmarks I created in Edizon SE. However when I click Dump ptr in pointer search se an error appears saying "not attached". Any idea what step I've missed or done wrong?

Last edited by weirdoku,
Reactions: MikeHawke

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I wonder if someone can give me some pointers. I am currently attempting to search for codes for Don’t Starve. I can memory edit and narrow down to a single address for item quantity at the moment.

I would like to get to the actual codes so it sticks with each new game load. I followed the instructions up to the part to connect to Pointer Search SE. I can connect my switch by IP, and the sys module box also turns green as well.

However it does not freeze the game but I can download the bookmarks I created in Edizon SE. However when I click Dump ptr in pointer search se an error appears saying "not attached". Any idea what step I've missed or done wrong?
Click on Debug extras and show a screen shot on the furthest you are able to go

weirdoku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Click on Debug extras and show a screen shot on the furthest you are able to go

This screenshot is straight after clicking attach to, download bookmarks then debug extras.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 42

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This screenshot is straight after clicking attach to, download bookmarks then debug extras.
This looks very strange. One of the "Attach" box should be green when the "Attach to" box is green.
Do you have something running on Switch that interferes? For example any tesla overlay running? Try disabling all other sysmodules.

weirdoku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This looks very strange. One of the "Attach" box should be green when the "Attach to" box is green.
Do you have something running on Switch that interferes? For example any tesla overlay running? Try disabling all other sysmodules.

Actually yes I has Tesla overlay for Edizon. I’ll disable and try again and report back. Thank you.

weirdoku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got rid of tesla overlay and it does now attach like before but one of the attach buttons in debug extras does not turn green unless I click it. Once I click it the dump ptr works but as you can see addresses are empty in the directtransfer.dmp line. The game still does not pause even if I click pause.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 37

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got rid of tesla overlay and it does now attach like before but one of the attach buttons in debug extras does not turn green unless I click it. Once I click it the dump ptr works but as you can see addresses are empty in the directtransfer.dmp line. The game still does not pause even if I click pause.
The "Attach to" button don't work? Normally that is the button to press. If you do manual "Attach" at the bottom you have to make sure you attach to the game process. You did not. You have to attach to the correct pid. I guess 132 is the one but check what it should be with EdiZon SE. If the pid isn't shown on these two boxes you can enter it then click "Attach" the title id is for you to see, the pid is the data that the program need.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am struggling a bit with searching for pointers. I am currently trying to find a pointer towards the exp counter in Tetris Effect connected. I restarted the game and found the corresponding address in all three instances.

I can find plenty of results after loading the first dump and doing a "reset and search". However, when I go to try and narrow it down with the second dump, pointer searcher SE tells me to "Fill out 2nd line to narrow down" - I tried to enter the target addresses without the hex prefix (0x) as well, to me it looks like I filled out the 2nd line. What am I missing?
y86KPhqMJr.png

DracoTheKid115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a problem where my Pointer SE will not connect to my switch despite having the right IP address. Any help would be appreciated.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a problem where my Pointer SE will not connect to my switch despite having the right IP address. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you enable noexes sysmodule? The sysmodule is bundled with edizon se or you can get it from my github for noexes. The version bundled with edizon se needs to be enable by going to sysmodule manager and toggle it on. If you get it from noexes github it is enabled once you restart your switch.

DracoTheKid115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you enable noexes sysmodule? The sysmodule is bundled with edizon se or you can get it from my github for noexes. The version bundled with edizon se needs to be enable by going to sysmodule manager and toggle it on. If you get it from noexes github it is enabled once you restart your switch.
i dont think I have, I will try this thank you

DracoTheKid115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also the github page for the noexs releases doesn't work

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bet thx, I got it to work after a while but sometimes noexs decides not to connect to my ip adress and sometimes it does
Recent release of atmosphere has a session limit of 2 for dmnt. zing or edizon overlay = 1, breeze or edizon se or edizon =1, noexes sysmodule need 1.
Could this be your problem?
To release the dmnt service session. For overlay press B until the overlay menu. For Breeze or Edizon se or Edizon just exit it. For noexes sysmodule disconnect the PC.

There can be only one connection to noexes sysmodule. There can be only one instance of Jnoexs or pointer searcher se connected.

Reactions: crazy_p

DracoTheKid115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recent release of atmosphere has a session limit of 2 for dmnt. zing or edizon overlay = 1, breeze or edizon se or edizon =1, noexes sysmodule need 1.
Could this be your problem?
To release the dmnt service session. For overlay press B until the overlay menu. For Breeze or Edizon se or Edizon just exit it. For noexes sysmodule disconnect the PC.

There can be only one connection to noexes sysmodule. There can be only one instance of Jnoexs or pointer searcher se connected.
yeah, I think that was my issue, when I disconnect from my internet and connect to a new one (I switch between the same 2), it starts to connect. Thank you for the response. I am still having trouble using NOEXS and Point Searcher SE but I know with time I'll get the hang of it

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol