Homebrew WIP EdiZon SE : Advance memory trainer and pointer seacher for switch

Have you used EdiZon SE?

• No

Votes: 31 14.2%
  • Yes, I love it, keep doing that you are doing

Votes: 135 61.9%
  • Yes, I like it but I wish you spend more time with the UI, stop adding features

Votes: 26 11.9%
  • Yes, but I have given up, it's too hard to use

Votes: 26 11.9%

• Total voters

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feature list:
  1. Range search.
  2. Compare with previous value search.
  3. Bookmark memory location found.
  4. Speed enhancement to make small integer value in first search practical.
  5. Bookmark adjust to changing main and heap start address on subsequent launch of the game. Bookmark with pointer chain attached updates memory address dynamically when the chain is able to resolve into a valid memory address.
  6. Extract memory address from dmnt cheat code and add it to bookmark for exploration of the memory location.
  7. Rebase feature to extract potential pointer chain from dmnt cheat code made for previous version of the game.
  8. In app pointer chain search for address on bookmark.
  9. Export dump to PC app (forked from pointer searcher 0.4) for more powerful pointer chain search.
  10. Import PC app search result for validation and testing.
  11. Create dmnt cheat code from pointer chain found.
  12. Ability to detach dmnt from game process.
  13. Adding/Removing conditional button to cheat code.
  14. Support 32bit pointers.
https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE
https://github.com/tomvita/PointerSearcher-SE
https://github.com/tomvita/Atmosphere/releases
https://github.com/tomvita/EdiZon-SE/wiki
https://github.com/tomvita/SE-tools

Join my discord server https://discord.gg/bEFfp7MZUD

Every features listed above are already implemented. They are not wish list pending development.
To get the most out of this application please read the wiki.

New feature pending development:
1. Follow pointer (jump to target) in memory editor.
2. Highlight address that are targeted and number of sources pointing to this memory location in memory editor. Show list of sources and ability to jump to source.

To establish common base for support please start from a clean boot with the latest atmosphere and only Sigpatches needed to run the game and latest releases from https://github.com/tomvita. Please state the url you downloaded from.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this seems really powerful— the fact it works with animal crossing is a good reason alone to replace the nightly version of edizon with this one.

It's also really smart that SE focuses on the search/cheat function first while a game is open. Very nice touch.

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! First searches feel much faster than EdiZon.
Have you thought about a pull request? It'd be a shame for a project like this to be discontinued.

Reactions: ELY_M

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I love that Bookmark & Export to Cheats Feature!
Would be nice if the "Toggle" Feature would be optional.
(That one that "Remembers" which Cheats were activated,
cause some Games Crash if the Cheats are activated from the beginning)

Last edited by crazy_p,

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if the "Toggle" Feature would be optional.
(That one that "Remembers" which Cheats were activated,
cause some Games Crash if the Cheats are activated from the beginning)

It is. You need to edit \atmosphere\config\system_settings.ini

; Controls whether dmnt cheats should be toggled on or off by
; default. 1 = toggled on by default, 0 = toggled off by default.
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0

; Controls whether dmnt should always save cheat toggle state
; for restoration on new game launch. 1 = always save toggles,
; 0 = only save toggles if toggle file exists.
dmnt_always_save_cheat_toggles = u8!0x0

Reactions: crazy_p

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Have some problems about that “hack dmnt”.
firmware:10.1.0, atmosphere:0.14.1, used the hack dmnt.
When I launch atmosphere by payload the fusee-primary.bin, my switch was crashed after nintendo logo.
When I launch atmosphere with fusee-secondary by hekate, it works fine but the "cheat toggle" function is always ON.
I noticed that when I open the edizon-overlay or edizon-se in the game, my contents\game\cheats always automatically create a"toggles.txt".
My system_settings.ini is written like this and it works fine when I used the normal dmnt:
[atmosphere]
dmnt_always_save_cheat_toggles=u8!0x0
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default=u8!0x0

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have some problems about that “hack dmnt”.
firmware:10.1.0, atmosphere:0.14.1, used the hack dmnt.
When I launch atmosphere by payload the fusee-primary.bin, my switch was crashed after nintendo logo.
When I launch atmosphere with fusee-secondary by hekate, it works fine but the "cheat toggle" function is always ON.
I noticed that when I open the edizon-overlay or edizon-se in the game, my contents\game\cheats always automatically create a"toggles.txt".
My system_settings.ini is written like this and it works fine when I used the normal dmnt:
[atmosphere]
dmnt_always_save_cheat_toggles=u8!0x0
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default=u8!0x0

I had this problem too , but it might be related to all the sysmodules Im running along it. Do you have a lot?

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-8-8_16-21-41.png

This is the hack in green. The toggle file will always be created due to the first line. Don't understand why it would crash yet. It works fine for me. I have the always create toggle file turn on. Don't know if that makes a difference. I am on AMS boot with fusee as payload on hekate. I think this condition
"if (this->HasActiveCheatProcess())" should only be true when there is a game running and dmnt is attached and those lines I added get executed when
ForceOpenCheatProcess() get called.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"atmosphere:0.14.1" this is likely the cause. The hack was done on atmosphere 13. Atmosphere is moving so fast that I am already on an outdated version. The unmodified dmnt from 13 probably will crash too.

Currently have problem building 0.14.1 if you are able to build just take the source from https://github.com/tomvita/Atmosphere and build dmnt yourself. Looks like libnx released version don't have what it takes to build 0.14.1.

Reactions: crazy_p

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for your answer, sadly I don’t have much knowledge of code so I cant do it myself. :rofl:
Now I use the normal dmnt, I think the bookmark function is enough for me.

Another thing, in that "found candidates" page, I can press ZR to page down but can't press ZL to page up, is that a bug?

Last edited by UltimateFight,

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer, sadly I don’t have much knowledge of code so I cant do it myself. :rofl:
Now I use the normal dmnt, I think the bookmark function is enough for me.

Another thing, in that "found candidates" page, I can press ZR to page down but can't press ZL to page up, is that a bug?
I used to have ZL to page up but I ran out of button to use so now I use ZL as a shift button. ZL+ZR to page up.

Reactions: UltimateFight

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it no work
Did you use the version I specially made for ACNH. It's the only one that works. I have gone back to load icon and game title. If there is a demand I can build special version for future releases.
upload_2020-8-9_14-31-54.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

by the way how do you search unknown search here?

hopefully someone write the vitacheat too (ps vita)
Type "same" "diff" "++" "--" are compare to previous value search. If you start with one of these as the first search a full dump of memory is performed. You can also start with [A..B] and follow it with one of the above. I usually use [A..B] as a first search which converge much faster if you make a correct guess to the range the target may fall in. StateA StateB are unknow value search as well but currently have some bug and I don't recommend using them. Idea is you only care about two states. Say on the ground or in the air, instead of just being different from previous you want to have only data that are exactly the same when they are in one or the other state.

jialeyne19

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you use the version I specially made for ACNH. It's the only one that works. I have gone back to load icon and game title. If there is a demand I can build special version for future releases.
View attachment 220760

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Type "same" "diff" "++" "--" are compare to previous value search. If you start with one of these as the first search a full dump of memory is performed. You can also start with [A..B] and follow it with one of the above.
ah tnx..They have a different name here hehehe..all i know from other app/plugin is unknown search/fuzzy search. i already tried state b state b but when 2nd search my switch got freeze.

Last edited by jialeyne19,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans