Not open for further replies.

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Anyone already tried to do something for Dead Cells?

2090.jpg

No item cool down, increasing the life bar would be nice to clear things easier. :)

Yes we tried to RE it. The format is horrible though so we stoped working on it

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes we tried to RE it. The format is horrible though so we stoped working on it
Sad to hear but thanks for all your efforts.
Maybe I could reuse that steamworks mod on the Switch instead (through layeredFS) but I guess I won't get my hands on it without buying Dead Cells on Steam as well. -.-

VEEscabob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my switch just fricken hates EdiZon because it doesn’t load at all. When I launch it, it crashes to 2168-0002. But it loads most other HBApps perfectly.

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL The TX hate is REAL up in this thread.

alas, to be fair. SX OS is indeed, a garbage firmware, it's too hastily thrown together for capital gains, and alot of methodology and general unorthodox code use doesn't jive well with many of the homebrew scene's developments. TX has made themselves the anti-christ castouts that no one wants to work with. Reminds me of this Guy, Dan I work with. Guy's a real tryhard lemme tell ya. ;p

On a relevant note, Edizon is killin' it. I'm loving all these configs and script submissions starting to roll in. This homebrew is going to be one of the Switch Greats when it hits it's prime. Gaurenteed.

Last edited by pr0dukt,
Reactions: sukhish and WerWolv

caHarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to game save editing, are there any plans on supporting more widgets, like strings or drop downs that fill from a common JSON key? Perhaps even conditionally shown widgets?

I probably need to study the code more, because I am aware games can specify their own "controllers" so-to-speak, e.g. some games use JSON and some are just binary.

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
In regards to game save editing, are there any plans on supporting more widgets, like strings or drop downs that fill from a common JSON key? Perhaps even conditionally shown widgets?

I probably need to study the code more, because I am aware games can specify their own "controllers" so-to-speak, e.g. some games use JSON and some are just binary.

Strings are definitely desired but hard without a real keyboard. Drop downs already exist in form of list widgets. Conditional ones might be interesting too. In a way that you can only modify them if some other value in the save file has a certain value.

caHarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strings are definitely desired but hard without a real keyboard. Drop downs already exist in form of list widgets. Conditional ones might be interesting too. In a way that you can only modify them if some other value in the save file has a certain value.

If it helps you understand where I'm coming from, I'm trying to visualize how inventory slot editing (+ their durability and bonus values) would work in Breath of the Wild. I've actually taken apart and studied Marc Robledo's HTML5/JavaScript save editor in order to make it entirely JavaScript here.

The only "problem" here (it's not a problem, it's actually a very good thing) is that EdiZon is one of the most polished apps available, shy from the Homebrew Menu, and wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel if the perfect platform that supports save editing already exists. The custom configurations idea is a big invitation to developers and is easily what makes EdiZon the best save manager/editor there is.

Reactions: WerWolv

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If it helps you understand where I'm coming from, I'm trying to visualize how inventory slot editing (+ their durability and bonus values) would work in Breath of the Wild. I've actually taken apart and studied Marc Robledo's HTML5/JavaScript save editor in order to make it entirely JavaScript here.

The only "problem" here (it's not a problem, it's actually a very good thing) is that EdiZon is one of the most polished apps available, shy from the Homebrew Menu, and wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel if the perfect platform that supports save editing already exists. The custom configurations idea is a big invitation to developers and is easily what makes EdiZon the best save manager/editor there is.

I thought about doing the same thing before. I think though I would have to add an extra menu just for inventory editing. If you know how the inventory system in BOTW or any other game works, tell me and I'll try to implement a solution. Right now all that is holding me back is time and not knowing how these things work in different games ^^

Last edited by WerWolv,

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this. I was able to backup my saves on 3.0.1, format my nand, format my sd to exfat, update to 6.1.0 and then restore my games for Zelda BoTW, Skyrim, Mario Kart 8, Mario Odessy (all of which had 100s of hours) and they all work. Awesome work man! A real shame nintendo makes us pay to backup saves.

Reactions: WerWolv

Jetpacunlimited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine. Next update will straight out block every action in EdiZon when using SX OS. I didn't want to do this but I feel like it's the only option until TX gets their stuff fixed

I want to say, THANK YOU for your work man, its extremely cool and I hope it continues. That said, I understand you frustration with SX and it makes sense. I own a Switch that has SX and obviously I use it, believe it or not mostly because I wanted to edit save files. Not everybody wants to pirate games, I implore you to at least think about those of us that admire your work (even on software you may not agree with). Again, thanks man and keep up the good work!

WerWolv

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I want to say, THANK YOU for your work man, its extremely cool and I hope it continues. That said, I understand you frustration with SX and it makes sense. I own a Switch that has SX and obviously I use it, believe it or not mostly because I wanted to edit save files. Not everybody wants to pirate games, I implore you to at least think about those of us that admire your work (even on software you may not agree with). Again, thanks man and keep up the good work!

I decided on just showing a really big warning message for everybody who uses SX OS. So it's on you if you want to risk it or not, it's not my problem anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: