Editing the save file of an actual cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rydian, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I've got a DSi and an Acekard 2i, using AKAIO 1.5.1.

I know you can back up the saved game of a cart to your PC over Wi-Fi, but is it possible to transfer a saved game TO the actual cart as well?

EDIT: I placed the thread here because I intended to edit the save (obviously), but upon re-reading I realized it would have gone better in a section geared more towards homebrew. ^^;

2. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    It is possible, I've done it before a long time ago, I don't remember how unfortunately; maybe someone here can clarify.

3. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The Dump Your own DS Games sticky shows how, but I'm not on a mac.

I do have a wireless card (Netgear WPN 311), though I have the feeling if it doesn't include the ability to act as an access point I may need to use some software in linux to do that, and my disc drive's busted so I can't boot any livecds. D:

EDIT: I took another look at that guide and realized that if it would connect to the internet to do the transfer, then I could just set up port forwarding and easily back up the save and all that... then after setting up the FTP server and forwarding and all that, I run the program to find it doesn't work on the DSi. [​IMG]

EDIT: Okay, SavSender appeared to work... just a bit... except that the .sav file I get from it is "empty", it's 512KB, but that's 512KB of NULL characters.
    The SavSend from noobey.tk sends a .sav file that's only 8KB, again filled with null characters. [​IMG]

4. MicShadow

MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2008
    Im not sure about this, as i own no commerical games, but try eepinator. Not sure if it works, so of course make backups first with the tool

5. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    That also reads the platinum save file as 8K. [​IMG]

6. MicShadow

MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2008
    Do you have a GBA slot-2 card with NOR support?

7. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    No, it's a DSi so I don't have a slot-2 at all.

8. Rascal

Rascal GBAtemp Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    There is an adaptor for computers that can read and write savs from retail carts. It is called the NDS Backup Adapter Plus. It's only $29.95 and well worth it. I've used it with my 100+ games and I haven't found any that it doesn't work with. Here is a pic of it [​IMG]

9. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    That is pretty awesome rascal.

I was going to say that rudolph's backup tools indeed work for it... but best with slot 2 (what you did not have dearest OP)

well, life goes on.

and at least someone is bloody legit around here, props for that!

(Just saying... i am not one, but that is another story)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice