ROM Hack Editing NANR files

Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
I've almost finished with a translation project from English to Spanish (I've already posted something asking for help on this about two years ago or even more and some of you were really kind to answer me, thanks again... )

Well, as I've already said, I'm almost done with it, but there is one thing left: NANR files. These files are the ones who contain the buttons of the interface of the video game I am editing... the problem is that I know how to view and edit them through CT2, but it seems I can't save them properly. When I press the save button the program displays an error and then the fake ROM, in which I've put the files in order to CT2 to display them, is corrupted...

Am I missing something?

Thank you very much!

PS: I've attached a sample of the files I am trying to edit.

Attachments

• data.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 93

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In most cases, you shouldn't need to change NANR file. I didn't see any problem in your files.

What error message did CT2 give you?

My guess is your decompressed file is bigger than the original and CT2 didn't find enough space in the rom to relocate it, so it wouldn't properly repack the file for you.

You might try DSLazy for unpacking and repacking instead. (You might need to unpack the clean rom and then replace necessary files and then repack them.)

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering!

Well... I am not editing the NANR file directly, but the NCGR. The thing is that I did not have any problem with NCGRs which did not have any NANR file attached... but in this case I need to edit one with it, and I believe that this is what is giving me problems.

As I've already said, I have made a fake nds ROM to put there the NCGR, NCLR and NANR files, just these three. So I doubt that the problem is related to repacking... :S

Anyway, I do not have many choices.. I have no other choice but to pack the files in a fake ROM in order to view, open and edit them with CT2...

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand your "fake ROM" concept so I probably can't help.
Anyway, just a suggestion that besides CT2, you can also try DSLazy or Tinke for packing/unpacking rom.
Good luck then. :D

Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A fake ROM is an empty .NDS file where I put the three decompressed and unpacked files that create the graphic I need to edit: a NCGR, a NCLR, and a NANR. By doing so, CT2 allows me to view the image correctly by combining these three files into one display.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
A fake ROM is an empty .NDS file where I put the three decompressed and unpacked files that create the graphic I need to edit: a NCGR, a NCLR, and a NANR. By doing so, CT2 allows me to view the image correctly by combining these three files into one display.

The easiest way is to build custom narc files with narctool , not a whole *.nds file. Then, edit them with CT2.

This tutorial might help you :
https://sites.google.com/site/otomegameguide/tutorials/ct2-graphic-edit

Reactions: Leeg

Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you provide me with a link to that narc tool, please? I've been looking for it since yesterday but all download links I found are down.

Thank you very much.

I've just found one: narctool-0.1-p.zip

Thank you very much, I could finally edit those files. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: