Hacking Editing hex value to play non-compat OG xbox games

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hi I have a jtagged 360 with the official Microsoft internal HDD. As weird as it may seem I tend to enjoy the OG xbox games quite a lot on my hacked 360. Games like grabbed by the ghoulies and crimson skies however Toejam and Earl 3 doesnt work which is understandable as it was never made compatible according to the official list. However, I think some maybe able to use the hex value trick for these sort of games anyone been able to play Toejam and Earl 3 yet?

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You can install a hacked emulator by following this tut.
It will increase some compatibility but some games simply refuse to boot.
Thanks for the reply. I followed that exact guide since the beginning. I guess jt is just impossible to boot Toejam and Earl 3

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried what you're talking about what the exact same game, ToeJam & Earl 3. Take a working XBE and change the hex values. Didn't work for me.

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I've tried what you're talking about what the exact same game, ToeJam & Earl 3. Take a working XBE and change the hex values. Didn't work for me.
Thing is from what I know its sort of like the needle in a haystack approach. Only one specifc hex value could make it work. Anyways it seems impossible for now.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried like 5 different ones. Maybe you're right that I didn't try the correct one. But I give up until I'm told "this one works".

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the reply. I followed that exact guide since the beginning. I guess jt is just impossible to boot Toejam and Earl 3

Then it's likely impossible to boot.
I highly doubt MS is ever going to do something about it.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original Xbox still because of two games ToeJam & Earl 3 and Tao Feng. Wish I could get those two games to work so I could discard it but don't think that will ever happen. Even if I could just get ToeJam working I'd probably get rid of it. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.