Editing Control Scheme in VC Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Subtle Demise, Apr 4, 2010.

Apr 4, 2010
  1. Subtle Demise
    OP

Member Subtle Demise Entitled and Ungrateful

United States
    Is it possible at all to edit the control schemes of VC games? For instance, I have an injected Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for MSX2 and it's impossible to crouch and crawl in the game. If there is some way to alter the control scheme of Virtual Console games, or some progress being made to do so, I would love to know about it.

2. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you can't crouch or crawl, then I don't think it's in the game at all. As far as I know the buttons are just mapped out to a different controller, whether its the Wiimote, classic controller, or Gamecube controller. I can't imagine they'd leave any out [​IMG]

3. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    No, if it was made by Nintendo they'd make sure to not leave out any buttons... but this is an inject, so the controls are exactly as in the original game, which may make the injected game play akwardly or miss some important buttons.

Anyway, I don't really know. You should look for a VC game that uses all the MGS buttons and use that as a base to inject.

4. The Frenchman

Member The Frenchman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If I remember wll, to crouch you have to press two buttons at once.

5. Subtle Demise
    OP

Member Subtle Demise Entitled and Ungrateful

United States
    Yeah that's right...I forgot all about that lol. I looked through the game's instruction manual and yeah I have to push two buttons at once to crawl. Thanks for the reminder.