1. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Did you hack your save? Or was it a straight transfer from one switch to another?

I would say the ban risk increases if you have edited the save, but if it’s a legit save it’s unlikely Nintendo would detect it is anything other than a normal save.

If you have used checkpoint on your switch I hope you have a nand backup as I would be wiping and restoring your switch before going online.

2. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Canada
    No edit was made for the save. I only transferred the save because of the stages that I had made in CFW that could've been made in OFW.

and I do have a NAND backup. Should I restore the NAND backup and follow this tutorial to properly transfer my save from CFW to OFW?

3. vermili0n

vermili0n Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I will get a SWITCH soon, and I have a few questions on this matter. Rather than getting “freebies”, my purpose is basically acquiring the save data from my console.

I have installed CFW in other systems, such as the 3DS; usually you run a "temporary" CFW. Most of the time, this means you can eventually restore the OFW and play with your console as if nothing happened.

I have not tried CFW in the SWITCH, but as I see it, it should be the same. Is it?

I understand this process (this post) is about dumping the save file from a vulnerable console, editing it and restoring it to somewhere else. But I get lost between the comments and the guide…

Do I need 2 systems to do this? Or can I do this with a single, vulnerable console?
    I want to get the save file, edit it, and restore it to the same console under OFW.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. kimbra

OP kimbra Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Specifically, this guide is only for one console. The idea was to backup the original NAND, do what you want with your saves (backup, edit, etc.), and then restore them to your console’s NAND without ANY custom firmware whatsoever (to make it as undetectable as possible, in theory).
    It just so happens that you’re able to use this guide as a resource for the transferring capabilities mentioned in earlier posts, which is great!

5. Golden_Landscape

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the tutorial. I'm trying to pull saves off my emuNAND and inject them into the regular NAND. Is there any reason I can't take a clean NAND backup, use Checkpoint to import the saves from emuNAND, then just copy over the save directory of the tainted CFW NAND to the clean NAND?

The reason I ask is because obviously since the NANDs aren't linked, the profile IDs are going to be different. For example on my emuNAND the Sword and Shield save files exist in two seperate profiles, but on my the normal NAND they will exist on the same profile. Checkpoint seems easier for that method, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The profiles don’t need to match and are irrelevant when following this method.

You have to launch the game once on the console/profile you want to inject into, to create a save file that you will then overwrite.

Then, since you are injecting into an already existing save it will be attached to whichever user’s save that you are overwriting.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    kimbra likes this.
  7. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    Thank you very much for this guide, prior to this I used to Backup my Sysnand, then go offline and use checkpoint, edit and restore with checkpoint, then backup Sysnand again, use hacdiskmount to take the save files from the second backup and then move them to the original backup, then restore the original backup and go online.

This new method is essentially the same thing but way faster since you can extract and inject the save files without even running CFW.

Just as a side note: I made sure I generated the prod.keys properly (several times, the sept folder was there), but it kept saying CMAC Signature (Fail) for both injecting and extracting. Using hactoolnet_native.exe from v0.5.0 was the only way to get it to sign the save successfully, so you should try adding some information to the OP about that.

Basically this (Thank you Sh00tstyle!):

8. Globodus

Globodus Newbie
    Newcomer

Aruba
    2 weeks im using this method to edit Pokemon Swors Saves, works like a charm and still not banned despite being online almost everytime. It sure take a lot of time of process but being able to edit saves without cfw is really great. Ty so much!

9. UnknownOne111

UnknownOne111 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey dude, what edits did you exactly make to your save?

I'm currently thinking of editing my sword save to just give myself 999 items in a bunch of slots such as TRs, battle items, etc. I'm going to legitimately breed my pokes for battle online and ofc won't use any cheats there, just want to make the grind to raising pokes easier with having access to all items. I'm just concerned of the risks of getting banned for making such modifications. It's good to know you haven't been banned though while playing online.

10. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

United States
    I'm getting this error for editing my Pokemon Shield save:

Code:
    Failed to match key rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key rsa_private_kek_generation_source
    Replaced file /main

ERROR: ResultFsPreconditionViolation (2002-6000)

Additional information:
       at LibHac.ThrowHelper.ThrowResult(Result) + 0x2c
       at hactoolnet.ProcessSave.Process(Context) + 0x664
       at hactoolnet.Program.Run(String[]) + 0x2d1
       at hactoolnet.Program.Main(String[]) + 0x1a
    With this inject.bat script:
    Code:
    hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save sav/000000000000001e --replacefile /main out/000000000000001e/main
    I'd really appreciate any help.

EDIT:

Tried the hactoolnet_native program, and it gave:

Code:
    Failed to match key rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source
    Failed to match key rsa_private_kek_generation_source
    Replaced file /main
    Unable to sign save file. Do you have all the required keys?

I'm pretty sure I have all the required keys...

EDIT: Fixed it by redumping keys after redownloading sept onto the sd card.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  11. Stefnao

Stefnao Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi, I have the same problem. I use hekate and Lockpick_RCM payload to extract the prod.keys, but I get the same error, editing Pokemon Shield save. I do not have sept on sd card, because I use sx os. Can you help me?
    Thanks

12. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

United States
    You need sept on the SD card. The keys won't dump completely otherwise. Just delete it when you're done.

13. Stefnao

Stefnao Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Ok, copied the sept folder into the root of my sd card. I took it from the last Kosmos release (14.2)
    The folder contains payload.bin, sept-primary.bin, sept-secondary.bin, sept-secondary_00.enc, sept-secondary_01.enc.
    Still, the lockpick gives me the error "put current sept files on sd and retry"
    Am I missing something?

14. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is your SD card formatted as fat32 or exfat?

15. zigma

zigma Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    i didn't get the message "Successfully signed save file" only "save file replaced" in pokemon sword, i'm working on "main" file

16. stebrick

stebrick Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    Sorry I'm still little bit confused.

Is OP's tutorial only for backing up and restoring SYSNAND with edited save files?

I'm still not sure what NAND backup includes. Does it include sysnand or emunand? I'm asking more specifically the steps enlisted here:

1. Backup: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc/

2. Screenshot here only says emmc (implying backup of Emunand?): https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uJzZ8_KY...QEVfnB0G0_2v839KwOBACLcBGAs/s320/hekate_3.jpg

3. Restore: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

What IF, purely for my reference, I want to back up and restore only Emmunand? What should I do?

17. halcasted

halcasted Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    What to do if my nand is in parts and not a single file?

18. Stefnao

Stefnao Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    It is in exfat

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

the same for me, and it is not working

Ok, solution found. Keys are not the problem, the 80 keys that are extracted by Lockpick are enough.
    The problem is hactool: as said in another post, its 0.70 version doesn't sign files correctly (at least in pokemon SWSH).
    A workaround is to use hactoolnet_netcore 0.5, renaming it only to "hactoolnet.exe" and using the same extract and inject files.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  19. radiocaf

radiocaf Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Forgive me for the noob question, but I am literally that, a noob. This is the first I've ever seen in regards to details on how CFW on the Nintendo Switch works.

I want to take advantage of this method and I have a RCM capable Nintendo Switch, but it's my only Switch, so I don't want to risk a ban of any sort. By following the instructions in the original post, this isn't installing anything that would consider my Switch as CFW or modified, is it? It would still be a legitimate Nintendo Switch once I restart the console to 'reset' the CFW, right?

20. Black ace

Black ace GBAtemp Fan

Nothing is installed onto the Switch using this method. You're only booting into its recovery mode and running a payload (then backing up and restoring your switch's NAND).

radiocaf likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - restoring, payloads, Switch