Edit OFW clean Switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by kimbra, Jun 17, 2019.

1. DevilzCY

DevilzCY GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Love your straight forward reply. Very useful. Thank you.

Last edited by DevilzCY, Aug 14, 2019
  2. TyoLoki

TyoLoki Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    Brazil

Hi!

I'll make a restore on my Switch with a LGP save edited, but I need to ask: someone has banned using this method?
    All yours games (SMO and Let's Go) and Switch is all ok? Nothing banned? I dont get how telemetry can get a save editor. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee don't use a Save Backup Cloud.

3. DevilzCY

DevilzCY GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Hi bootmonster,

Does the clean switch has to be one that's hackable as well? I have the rev2 switch as clean and my hacked switch is banned :(

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria

kimbra likes this.
  5. DevilzCY

DevilzCY GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Obviously my hacked switch fit in with that requirement, I was asking about the clean switch.

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    The clean switch needs to be vulnerable to fusee gelee.

DevilzCY likes this.
  7. DevilzCY

DevilzCY GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Thank you for your clarification. Seems like I'm off the boat. My clean switch is not vulnerable for any sort of mod.

8. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Well it’s pretty obvious if you read the guide that you need to run the exploit on both switches.

There is a way to do it but you would need a third clean switch, perhaps a friends or relatives that is exploitable. They would also have to agree to you running the exploit on their switch.

Essentially you would sign into you Nintendo account on their switch. Transfer the save from your switch to theirs using the official method.

Then follow the guide to patch the save whilst on their switch.

Then transfer the now patched save back to your switch using the official method.

There may still be a small risk of a ban with this as Nintendo may be able to tell, though in theory this should work without issue.

9. switchalex

switchalex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    This is bit of game changer for try and buy people gotta give this a shot

10. Pedro250

Pedro250 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Hi, i am trying to inject my edited Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu but i am unable to do it.
    i have all my raw saves in a folder named save and i used this scrip to extract it:

hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save save/0000000000000030 --outdir out/0000000000000030
    pause

I get a folder in my out folder named 0000000000000030 and inside i have my save named savedata.bin.
    I then copied the raw save to a new folder names edited to keep the original untouched.
    I edited the save and then i try to use this to inject it:

hactoolnet -t save edited/0000000000000030 --replacefile savedata.bin out/0000000000000030/savedata.bin

But this is not working.
    I am doing it wrong? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind i was using an older version of hactoonet.exe that i download with an old guide for extract the saves, just updated the program and it worked. Thanks.

Last edited by Pedro250, Oct 7, 2019
  11. kimbra
    OP

kimbra Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    United States
    What’s happening that’s indicative of it not working? Does it have a corruption message when you try to start the game from the Switch home menu? Does it just have the original unedited save file when you start playing?

Also, I think I see your inject script missing the prod.keys function call. That’s important for appropriate signing. Let me know if that’s what works out for you.

12. Pedro250

Pedro250 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Turns out it was my fault, i was using and older version of hactoonet and that was the problem. Should have know better to update everything before claiming it wasn't working.
    Thanks for your help.

13. JJJJ

JJJJ Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2019
    France
    Hi, since June, did someone got banned after using this method?
    I am thinking about it to retrieve Zelda save made on Wii U version.

14. JJJJ

JJJJ Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2019
    France
    I used it to retrieve my saves from the Wii U version and it worked!

kimbra likes this.
  15. Deep_Throat

Deep_Throat Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2019
    Canada
    Great post

Last edited by Deep_Throat, Nov 6, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted