Edit OFW clean Switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by kimbra, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Pook and Pie

Pook and Pie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for this!

I probably won't be testing this for a while (waiting on new PC parts!), but this could be super helpful as all I want to do with my Switch is save edit in some single player games like Hyrule Warriors, etc.. I messed with editing HWDE back when it released but then, like, two weeks after I did that bans started getting handed out left and right so I wiped my SD card and left it alone. Save editing is basically all I did with my 3DS as well, lol, as extracurricular activities aren't my jam.

2. kimbra
    OP

kimbra Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    United States
    Glad you got it to work! I’m hoping to possibly see a simple payload in the future that does all this, but since game save data directory structures can vary, it might prove difficult lol

3. Tsuchan21

Tsuchan21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United States
    I have problem with this extract.bat; "can't recognize 'hactoolnet... save file number' as an internal or external command, or batch script." I did follow the directions but it keep saying that...
    Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

4. kimbra
    OP

kimbra Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    United States
    Is hactoolnet.exe in the same directory as extract.bat? In fact, do you also have the latest hactoolnet.exe available with your directory looking the same as the one I posted in the tutorial?

5. Tsuchan21

Tsuchan21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, I do have latest version in same file directory. i even try extract Nand game save thing but they said no file found...

Attached Files:

6. kimbra
    OP

kimbra Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    United States
    The 000000000000001a save data file you got from your NAND is also in the sav folder when you’re running extract.bat, right?

7. Tsuchan21

Tsuchan21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United States
    yeah I even copy and paste from that save folder; I got a program called ninfs working for mac. so I tried it again and it said something about failed to get 100ns ticks and assertion at .../...mono/mono/mini/local-propagation.c:106,... 'MONO_CEE_LAST' not met?

Attached Files:

Last edited by Tsuchan21, Jul 9, 2019
  8. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    If you insist on running it in a Mac install bootcanp, I’m guessing you are using a virtual machine or some such with z:/ mounted.

Or just use a pc.

9. Tsuchan21

Tsuchan21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United States
    Yeah i'm using wine for it... I do have pc but its not working anymore... so I use wine program for window programs....

10. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Install bootcamp then

11. Tsuchan21

Tsuchan21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    United States
    okay I just finished installing bootcamp and went to inject the save, it said "unable to parse option out/savefilename/savefile" and I also don't understand about savefile part in injecting; you put ffx 02 so I put savedata to sub ffx_002 file; I really need help with several games such lets go Pikachu savefile injected...
    Thank you so much for your help.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Tsuchan21, Jul 10, 2019
  12. ReidLeingod

ReidLeingod Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2019
    Philippines
    Hi - I just wanted to inject my save file (backed-up through EdiZon) to my clean NAND for me to continue my game progress playing online. Can someone give me a noob guide specifically for injecting the save file only? Thanks in advance!

13. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Just follow the guide completely.

You still need to have an existing save on the clean console to extract and then patch so the full guide is required.

14. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    Would it be technically possible to write a script that just extracts keys and the part of the data holding the Sav files? Like for hecate?

15. ReidLeingod

ReidLeingod Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2019
    Philippines
    Ah, Thank you! So first, I have to buy a legit copy of the game, play the game to create a save file, then perform the guide to extract, then overwrite that save file with my backed-up save file?

16. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Correct yeah.

17. Muffin860

Muffin860 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2019
    United States
    Hello, may e you can help me with a question i have?

Im also trying to move save files from a clean switch to a hacked switch. Process idea is as follows:

1. Restore hacked switch (switch 1) with NAND backup.
    2. Download liked Nintendo account and all save files to switch 1 from cloud.
    3. Make sure clean switch, (switch 2) is set to primary for that nintendo account.
    4. Turn airplane mode on switch 1.
    5. Rehack switch 1.

I should now be able to access old save files on switch 1, while still playing online games (smash, mario maker) on switch 2 right?

I never need to move files back and forth again, nor do I need switch 1 to be able to access internet or eshop.

Is this safe? Is there a better idea? Thanks!

18. ReidLeingod

ReidLeingod Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2019
    Philippines
    Done performing this tutorial yesterday on my MHGU save and it is successful! No signs of ban, too, so far. Thanks, @kimbra and @bootmonster :):)

kimbra and bootmonster like this.
  19. DevilzCY

DevilzCY GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Does this work on a banned switch and a newly bought switch?

20. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    Absolutely yes.

I transferred my mario odyssey save from my banned switch to my legit switch using this method.

You will need to have played the game once on the legit switch to create a save, then follow the guide.

kimbra and DevilzCY like this.