Tutorial Edit OFW clean Switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads

ibra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a way to do this way way way easier by utlizing the hekate USB tools. go to the USB tools in the Hekate boot menu and select eMMC RAW (SYSNAND) make sure to have read only set to off, then get NxNandManager that will allow you to mount the nand without backing it up, do all you editing replace the save file in the mounted nand with out the need to restore

kimbra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a way to do this way way way easier by utlizing the hekate USB tools. go to the USB tools in the Hekate boot menu and select eMMC RAW (SYSNAND) make sure to have read only set to off, then get NxNandManager that will allow you to mount the nand without backing it up, do all you editing replace the save file in the mounted nand with out the need to restore
It’s already covered in the FAQ at the bottom

Cl2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for this guide, it has helped me retrieve a Pokemon Sword save that was lost (stupidly) during a profile transfer. Recuva worked for finding the deleted save file, and it is confirmed working in Yuzu, so I know its at least still in existance.

I'm having issues with the repacking part though. I'm guessing its a problem with the keys, as I do not have the sept folder. It seems that the Kosmos Defaults build is no longer provided through the tutorial link. Is there a more up to date method of getting all the correct keys?

Edit: I figured it out.. I had a folder mislabeled in my hacktoolnet folder. "Save" should have been "sav" lol. Can confirm everything else worked exactly as intended!

Last edited by Cl2,
Reactions: kimbra

Max89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FAQ:
Yes! As long as the clean Switch is exploitable via Fusee Gelee, you can put save files onto its NAND from a CFW Switch, and, of course, vice versa. Just make sure you've played the game on the receiving console so there is save data to replace.
so every time i transfer again the save file do i have to create a new save file in the receiving console before?
(i am interested in buying the switch oled)

Max89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if i need to change microsd card. can i copy every file from the older one or do i have to repeat the process?

kimbra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work to transfer a save (ssbu) from an user to another on the same console?
I believe so, but I’m not familiar with SSBU saves (if they’re user-specific or console-specific). If they’re user specific, just make sure you don’t overwrite with the wrong save file!
so every time i transfer again the save file do i have to create a new save file in the receiving console before?
(i am interested in buying the switch oled)
Yes, but Switch OLED isn’t compatible with this Fusee Gelee method! Only older, original Switch models are.
if i need to change microsd card. can i copy every file from the older one or do i have to repeat the process?
Copying everything over to a new microSD should work fine, as long as it’s compatible with the console of course.

Max89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Copying everything over to a new microSD should work fine, as long as it’s compatible with the console of course.
im trying to update every file i have, cant find the sept folder from the raccomanded bundle in sdsetups.com. am i missing something?

edit:
im reading that: The Sept folder was removed from version 1.0 of Atmosphere. It isn't needed anymore

Yes, but Switch OLED isn’t compatible with this Fusee Gelee method! Only older, original Switch models are.
i will transfer every time the save file.

Last edited by Max89,

Shiiouri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do the same for all games iv played early. backup save with jksv, then boot syscfw and restore save. minimal risk.
Ooh okay, so let me get this, you back up early Legends Arceus game with JKSV, then boot syscfw(as I'm hoping sysCFW does not dirty up clean switch ofw there), and restore save on Physical Cart right?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh okay, so let me get this, you back up early Legends Arceus game with JKSV, then boot syscfw(as I'm hoping sysCFW does not dirty up clean switch ofw there), and restore save on Physical Cart right?
yep. syscfw does dirty your sysnand though fair warning. but like I said, minimal risk if all your doing is restoring a save. physical cart or eshop doesnt matter.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do the same for all games iv played early. backup save with jksv, then boot syscfw and restore save. minimal risk.
Have you done this with extremely mistmatched playtime? I mean having 30+ hours registered on the save but only 1 on the clean sysNAND.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you done this with extremely mistmatched playtime? I mean having 30+ hours registered on the save but only 1 on the clean sysNAND.
yes. nintendo cant see rom save data playtime. iv transfered over 52hr lets go eevee, 38hr brilliant diamond and 26hr arceus. largest was 152hr botw save.

Reactions: Azmort

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes. nintendo cant see rom save data playtime. iv transfered over 52hr lets go eevee, 38hr brilliant diamond and 26hr arceus. largest was 152hr botw save.
Thanks, I want to transfer my Arceus save, I will try it as soon as I get my copy.

Mudblood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why, but I am getting a corrupted save file error when I try to do this with Pokemon Shining Pearl. I tried using the --repack option, have latest prod.keys, and hactoolnet says the file was signed properly. Editing file using the latest PKHEX. Any ideas?

I have easily edited every other switch pokemon save in the past.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why, but I am getting a corrupted save file error when I try to do this with Pokemon Shining Pearl. I tried using the --repack option, have latest prod.keys, and hactoolnet says the file was signed properly. Editing file using the latest PKHEX. Any ideas?

I have easily edited every other switch pokemon save in the past.
are you sure the save isnt from a update higher than the game your trying to apply it too? ie: cant restore a 3.0 save to a 2.0 game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Still only about half way transferring 1tb og Xbox games