BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks oh well same as every other dsi cart.
smile.gif
At least we know they are making one.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^^
because it come as a totally blank card and there saying its legal because most dsi cards are illegal because they used copyrighted games to pass 1.4 but edge say its only illegal if u get the rom and make the 1.4 firmware so in theory they arnt making you do it.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool website.
I wonder what game it spoofs.

I just noticed, the iEDGE Reference Manual can be downloaded, and I found a few points:
-The flashcart comes only in white
-The iEDGE shows a red icon when initially installing the bootstrap (DSi) or when booted in an older DS
-The iEDGE supports Wii Connectivity
-The iEDGE supports DSi 1.4
-The iEDGE has a red updating LED like the M3i Zero
-The iEDGE uses an EXE to install the bootstrap updater
-The iEDGE bootstrap updater comes with an NDS file with the bootstrap inside (meaning it probably can be opened with a ROM editor to change the icon)
-The iEDGE has a unique bootstrap updating procedure

It seems that the bootstrap updater works like this:
1. Download the bootstrap updater and extract somewhere
2. Run the bootstrap updater
3. Select the microSD card, and the NDS bootstrap file
4. When it's done, put the microSD card in the iEDGE.
5. Put the iEDGE in the console before turning on the console.
6. Turn on the DSi and stay in the menu. The iEDGE's LED should flash.
7. The flashing becomes quicker and quicker as it progresses, and when it stops flashing, the EDGE can be booted (It is necessary to download the iEDGE OS first).

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not thrilled with the specs list of the iEDGE.
dry.gif
Still no Save State support and really no other features beyond
what you'd expect a barebones card to offer...a few years ago. Even the R4 has more features than the EDGE/iEDGE. I mean they still have, 'Save game saves directly to Micro SD' as a feature listing!! That's a given nowadays!, even for the R4!

I don't plan on ever buying a DSi (Esp. with mention of an upcoming DS with an Tegra chip!!...wonder if the DSi was just a interim money maker before the next *real* Gameboy advancement) so I don't care about DSi support personally.

As for the site 'redesign', its really nothing new, just a flashy advertisement for their next product offering (I hope it didn't take them months to make such a simple site redesign). I'd be alot more impressed if they'd decided to finally host their own forums.

I'll forgive their long silence and lack of updates if they finally have save state support in the next Edge firmware.
grog.gif

Whether or not I get a Cyclos or another Edge next (Since I have an Edge now hopefully that won't be until a long long time) is dependant on what they do in the next couple of months.

Not really riffing them, but they need to do more. A new product is great for them, but they need to support their current and existing customers 1st and then build on that.

Hopefully things will pick up much more in terms of additional features and support now...for both cards.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
at least the edge isnt a total clone anymore beat cyclo to the dsi card and i was happy with the edge not a bad budget card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM