Hacking Edge VS AceKard

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally prefer the Acekard 2.1 over the Edge because of the beautiful, intuitive, and responsive menu system (and with the AKAIO menu system, you get the same look and feel but with even more features than with the official menu system). The Acekard 2.1 also happens to be cheaper than the Edge. It's main drawback is that its shell is held together with plastic clips which make it a little flimsier than the Edge. I have not heard many stories of Acekard's breaking (plus they have a 1 year warranty), but if you're particularly concerned about breaking your flash carts, you might consider the Edge.

-Bri

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Too be honest I got a cyclo ds evo which i am glad i got.

I also got an Edge it exactly like the cyclo ds evo without the real time save

But it a great little card and the price is cheap now £14.95.

You just pay for micro sdhc 4 gig and up.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my main cart is the acekard 2, but having used an edge I bought for someone else, I would have to say I would probably go for that. although both work very well.

the acekard 2 has a better interface, but its firmware needs to be updated frequently to cope with anti piracy measures, and some older games require you to hold down the A button when launching to use the old loader.

so, as a strait piracy device, with no "bells and whistles" i would go for an EDGE.

as for the cyclo, well, if you want the extra features it has, go for it. after the death of the R4 it does seem to be the most venerable card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs