Edge problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Jeff Vader, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jeff Vader
    OP

Jeff Vader Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2008
    My Edge card sometimes has problems when saving games (says saving and any music etc keeps playing but nothing else happens) and sometimes freezes when loading games. A couple of times now when resetting my NDS after a loading freeze the memory card has been wiped.

Is this more likely to be a memory card problem than a problem with the Edge itself?

2. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    never heard of this problem.

i only use kingston microsd cards and no problems, only happy customers.

3. Jeff Vader
    OP

Jeff Vader Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2008
    I ended up getting both the memory and Edge cards replaced and so far all seems well with the new ones.

4. WanZZZone

WanZZZone Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2008
    Indonesia
    Can you help me with my EDGE?
    Yesterday, I played with EDGE and it's still work normally. On the next day I open my DS and the EDGE just showing "BOOTING"
    and when i put it on my computer the memory is blank, there is no data but, when i look at the properties the memory isn't blank it showing the used memory is 1.70GB but the memory is blank.
    What i want to ask is:
    1. Do EDGE can delete all the memory? How
    2. What is the solution for my memory?

Thx before. Sorry if there is misspell letter

5. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Did you use any homebrew like DSOrganize to delete files?

6. unggoy

unggoy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2008
    maybe your microSD is corrupted, so try refomatting the microSD.. maybe your microSD is a fake one, but sorry, i dunno how to determine a fake microSD.. hehe..

7. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    Indonesia
    The World of Illusion
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I'm just kidding, nothing is perfect. Are your files hidden? It might be the problem, if not, just do it the easy way: format it, re-install the OS, play it

Heck, something hapened to my microSD last year, it shows files at 5GB caliber, in a 1GB microSD! [​IMG] so I just fe-format it and play happily ever after-I put the R4 kernel and games back in