EDGE or DSTT

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by TrolleyDave, Aug 5, 2008.

Aug 5, 2008

EDGE or DSTT by TrolleyDave at 2:58 AM (873 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Ok so I'm thinking it's time to replace my R4 with another card. Don't get me wrong, I aboslutely love the R4 but the updates are coming slower and slower and the compatibility is getting lower and lower. The SDHC thing doesn't really bother me all that much but it'll be a nice bonus.

I'm pretty broke so my choices of cards are pretty limited. At the moment I'm looking at either a DSTT or an EDGE. I'm not too keen on the GUI for the DSTT but I know that I can use Yasu's util to have a more R4 look and feel to it (I love the basic R4 no-frills interface), but I don't really know much about the GUI for the EDGE card.

Anyone got any opinions on either card. I was originally leaning towards the EDGE but after reading the reviews I'm now leaning more towards the DSTT as the build quality seems a bit sturdier.

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    GO GET DA R4 III ITS AWSUM

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The R4 team just stopped making updates, so it's a better choice to do that.

The DSTT is fast, cheap, and since you like the YSmenu, it's a big plus.
    The EDGE's GUI is very similar to the CycloDS's so it's fast, smooth, and easy to use.

In my opinion, I think they're both good carts for the money, and since they have the same features, get the DSTT, only because you prefer the YSmenu's style.

Lastly, why did you ask this in the testing area?

EDIT: lol, Sephiroth.

4. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I would get a EDGE because the menu is nice.

5. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Have you got one yourself? What's the build quality like?

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I haven't used it myself, so I cannot tell you my own personal Experience. However, I did heard quite a lot that it's stylus control is excellent, and smooth.

About the bad build, that was awhile back. I haven't heard of too many problems nowadays, other than the micro sd sticking out a little (Which is also something I haven't heard about in awhile) but just to make sure, buy one from a reputable seller that's willing to get you a new one, in case your old one breaks by any chance.

7. papyrus

Member papyrus GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    I've got EDGE and i can say that its a good cart for its price ya know. its GUI is like cyclo smooth and clean. Touchscreen also works nice. The build i can say that its sturdy, but the microsd sticks out for a mm but that doesn't bother me, i heard that later batches don't stick though. Get EDGE its wonderful.

8. retiredjerk

Member retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

without a doubt the EDGE is better than the DSTT. The DSTT quality control is crap. The edge OS seems more stable. You really dont hear about the same kind of problems you do with the DSTT such as corrupted cards, games no longer loading, and other such problems. Dont get me wrong the DSTT is a good card but there is a risk that you could get a bunk one. I used to really like the DSTT but some that i gave to friends and family members starting giving me problems. I switched everyone to the EDGE and have had zero problems since.Might as well get an EDGE and forget the gamble.