OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
ds.gif
Edge/iEdge Firmware v2.2
Update
1299199071iedge%20white.jpg

Team Edge has just released new firmwares for both their old Edge and their iEdge flashcarts. This update aims at fixing game compatibility issues for a number of games which can be seen below.

Change Log said:
• Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem! (Europe)
• Poupee Girl DS 2 Elegant Mint Style JPN
• Horrid Henry's: Horrid Adventure (Eur)
• KORG M01 Music Workstation (J)
• Dragon Quest VI - Realms of Revelation (U)
• DSi 0101, DSi 0109,DSi 0120, NDS 5140, 5174, 5175, 5243, 5274, 5275, 5326, 5329, 5343, 5358, 5364, 5418, 5424, 5435, 5444

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

Contributed by Cartmanuk

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The Edge team seems to be doing worse and worse when it comes to giving fixes to those who bought their cart. I guess stealing Cyclo updates isn't as easy now or something, but they are certainly taking vast amounts of time to fix games. I'm sure Edge users would have loved it if the team could have at least taken the time to add in the fixes for all the new Pokemon releases.

Oh well, glad my Original R4 is at least very reliable.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
I guess stealing Cyclo updates isn't as easy now or something

Oh well, glad my Original R4 is at least very reliable.

Team Edge do not steal there updates from TC they are part of the same group Email the egde team for an answer on this.

The edge team are working on your updates for new Pokemon releases (But there are working patched Pokemon releases available if you look hard enough)

Also the edge cards are very reliable.

But Original R4 has proven the test of time

D

Deleted-273695

And what do you mean? I updated firmware for my EDGE card like last year at the start of they year and I haven't had problems and no they don't take the CycloDS teams fixes, they work hard on them on their own.
Nathan Drake said:
my Original R4 is at least reliable
Yep and I see all the R4 teams updates
glare.gif

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
From what Normmatt says...they are both the same team...TC.

No one will admit to this but the support for the cards are updated always often one day apart.

iEdge is the buget version but the build quality is first class

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
ihackedit said:
And what do you mean? I updated firmware for my EDGE card like last year at the start of they year and I haven't had problems and no they don't take the CycloDS teams fixes, they work hard on them on their own.
Nathan Drake said:
my Original R4 is at least reliable
Yep and I see all the R4 teams updates
glare.gif

The R4 has survived due to the support of YWG

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Cartmanuk said:
jurassicplayer said:
From what Normmatt says...they are both the same team...TC.

No one will admit to this but the support for the cards are updated always one day apart.

iEdge is the buget version but the build quality is first class

Always updated one day apart? Now, that is a load of bullshit. Let's remember Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. The Cyclo gets an official update that doesn't hit the Edge for awhile, and the fixes aren't even the same. Most of the time fixes aren't even specified, as most games aren't fixed. You will never be able to tell me the Edge is anywhere near as reliable as the Cyclo, as I've seen the proof that it is obviously not true.

This makes me doubt Team Cyclops controls both carts (Cyclo and Edge), as the updates time and fix wise are far too different. Unless they meant to make a shoddy cart that people would only get pissed at them over for not updating nearly as frequently as the cart needs to be to stay up to date.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
Always updated one day apart? Now, that is a load of bullshit. Let's remember Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. The Cyclo gets an official update that doesn't hit the Edge for awhile, and the fixes aren't even the same. Most of the time fixes aren't even specified, as most games aren't fixed. You will never be able to tell me the Edge is anywhere near as reliable as the Cyclo, as I've seen the proof that it is obviously not true.

Ok its true they have not always been 1 day apart but since:

CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.60 & EDGE OS v2.0 the game compatibily fixes have been mostly the same and released one day apart.

I wasn't saying the iEdge is more reliable than the CycloDS

CycloDS is my favorite DS flash cart
But My favorite Buget card is the R4

The iEdge is the most reliable Dsi cart I have tested to date.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon White (E) does play on 2.2, there's just that no EXP gain, which I assume can be easily patched. Still though, they did it again, an update right before a big release
rolleyes.gif

If that EXP Patch doesn't work, it's back to the Acekard-R4 clone
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a