Edge DS: Does the MicroSD card fit flush now?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Wedge, Apr 4, 2008.

Apr 4, 2008
  1. Wedge
    OP

Newcomer Wedge Newbie

United States
    From what I've read in the Edge DS review and some other posts, "early" versions of this card had a problem with the MicroSD card not fitting flush and sticking out a bit. Does anyone know if this has been corrected or are those "early" versions still shipping?

Thanks

2. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I got my Edge DS from psxboy few days back, microSD/HC will NOT fit flush. It came in black casing so they must have re-stocked with old batch? is it even possible?

3. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    last batch i had was even worse then the first batch. some card had the microsd sticking out alot.

but still, every edge card worked fine, so my customers were happy with it.

4. Xann

Newcomer Xann Member

Malaysia
    I got an EDGE cart, I think it's the latest batch which is white color. The MicroSD fits perfectly nice into the card.

5. bballplaya210

Newcomer bballplaya210 Member

United States
    I got mine from psxboy a couple of days ago and it has a black case also. My microsd sticks out just barely, maybe about a millimeter, which probably makes it a little easier to get the microsd out anyway.

6. shinset

Newcomer shinset Advanced Member

Damn Im scared now [​IMG] have ordered 5 EDGE now I hope its a new batch without any problem

I choose edge because it was the only new budget slot1 without too much trouble unlike N5,DSTT n co

PS will update my post when my package arrived (3 weeks made in china lol)

7. BoomtownBilly

Member BoomtownBilly GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    mine fits in wonderfully [​IMG]

8. shinjijai

Newcomer shinjijai Newbie

Canada
    i've purchased 5 edge card recently and they all fit differently... some of them fitted pretty badly (didn't affect anything) and some fitted pretty good, but not as good as my old R4. i really don't think it's too big of a deal, and like many other's have stated, it's a lot easier to remove the sd card when it's not flushed in there.

9. shinset

Newcomer shinset Advanced Member

I confirmed on 10 only one fit perfectly the other stick out (a little maybe 1 or 2 millimeters) but I love this cart in white so quick so fast !

this card feels good unlike the some new comers ( DSTT N5 E7 R6 etc..) Im just curious to know the truth about EDGE/cyclo thingy

10. D00zers

Newcomer D00zers Newbie

United Kingdom
    Got a white Edge today. Don't know if it's old or new lot, but it was about £10 cheaper than the rest. Already have M3 Simply, Supercard DS One, Supercard Lite micro sd slot 2, Ewin 2 micro DS slot 2. So easy to work and fast booting up. Works great, but the micro sd sticks out a lot compared to all the others which are completely flush, and it has no spring, so a bit fiddly to remove. Must personalize it and play a bit more, but so far it's great.

11. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Suprised, got mine today, out of all 4 none fit flush, but it really does make it easier to pull the microsd out, and also I don't mind cause I have one of those clear cases for the DS which hides it.

12. innercy

Member innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

i got black edge n it fit perfectly. i got an early edition...

13. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I bought my two EDGE cards from Kaidomain. Both stick out about 1.5mm. Not too much, but still annoying. Other than that, cards are pretty outstanding and rock solid.

14. wbc1228

Newcomer wbc1228 Newbie

United States
    The MicroSD card in my Edge, from leetmod.com, doesn't sit flush either.
    :-(
    Edge seriously need to fire the person in charge of QA