Hacking Edge cart and wifi?

Fafnir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this sort of like the whole Wii connectivity thing where it's hit or miss? (I've been wondering, since whenever I get somewhere that has a hotspot, I can't really connect, even with the proper wep key and all.)

I dunno if it's just me, but I'm just curious.

Fafnir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used any kind of trimmer. For the most part, I use roms that I just drag and drop onto the cart.

Maybe I have to be closer to the hotspot for it to read. But doesn't the DS have about a maximum of 20 feet before it won't connect? Or am I wrong there?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mines got a pretty decent range, it picks up next doors router anyway, so I can't see yours being any differet. Is it all games it's having problems with or a select few?

Fafnir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a chance to test all of them. I don't have wifi at home yet, though I'm working on it. But I've tried Custom Robo Arena, Phantasy Star Zero and the only retail game I own, Pokemon Pearl.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It probably will work, it's just better to test it just in case it doesn't. It rules out it just being the flashcart then. If it doesn't work it could be something as simple as it not being set up right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)