Edge Card with Pokemon Pearl Rom

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by opzarnbee, Feb 1, 2009.

1. opzarnbee
    OP

opzarnbee Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2009
    United States
    San Diego
    Ok..so i've been playing my pokemon pearl rom for quite sometime now and i was actually wondering if i would still be able to transfer pokemon from my fire red gba game. I know i have to get to a certain point to be able to use the transfer but i wanted to make sure it would be fine once i reached that point. once again i have the edge flashcart with the latest firmware. Thanks for the help.m

2. Tybalt1212

Tybalt1212 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2009
    Canada
    I read in the review (Here) that it's not compatible with commercial roms. And that seems to be the case from a few other threads like this. Sorry, mate.

3. darnoc

darnoc GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2008
    Canada
    idk why everyone wants to transfer just use pokesav and make the pokemon on there

4. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    Moved to EDGE section!

5. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    I don't think that applies in this case. I'm pretty sure he will be able to transfer the Pokemon with no problems.

6. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    You can transfer pokemon from a commercial GBA cart. I just tested it with EDGE firmware 1.43 with Pokemon Diamond ROM (Wild shinies cheat was on for safe measure) with a commercial Pokemon Leaf Green cart. Remember that you must choose 6 pokemon and if they have GBA only moves they cannot be uploaded, and also remember that they will vanish from the GBA cart once uploaded to your DS cart.