ED64 Plus... my impressions. Any Owners around here?

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
He's talking about the memory card, not actual controllers. And no, right now I don't think you can emulate controller paks usind ED64 Plus. Don't know about the official Krikkz version though.

But there are counterfeit controller paks being sold at sites like aliexpress that are cheap and functional. If you can spend money on ED64plus, you can easily buy a controller pak there too.

Did you read the whole post?
It's an alternative for anyone who is interested in using BT controllers with *emulated memory paks, aka controller pak* and rumble support, the chip cost the same as one controller pak in aliexpress and it's way more useful, the installation is very easy.
And i say it again i have been using a wii u pro controller and other BT controllers, obviously in my ed64+

Last edited by Elru,

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Now that Krikzz has closed his store and it will likely stay closed indefinitely, is the ED 64 Plus now the best available option? And is there no flash cart in production today that will let you save your games normally without pressing reset each time?

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that Krikzz has closed his store and it will likely stay closed indefinitely, is the ED 64 Plus now the best available option? And is there no flash cart in production today that will let you save your games normally without pressing reset each time?
ED64Plus is all that is left. RIP.
1645759001727.jpg

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's kinda too bad Krikzz didn't set up his factory in China, he could still be producing today, and he could move to any other country to live without it affecting his operations. Clones of all his products are coming out of China anyway so it's not like a China factory leaking parts and methods would change that. Then again China could start their own war at any point too...

Honkinghard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a hell of a time getting WWF No Mercy to boot, it'd just sit at a black screen. Changing save type would get into the game, but of course then you couldn't save.

Eventually I read it'll work if it finds a save game, so I went over to good ol' GameFAQs and download one... but they're in DexDrive format. I figured no problem, I've used save format converters many times before for PS1/PS2 - wrong.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/914112-wwf-no-mercy/saves

N64's complicated further by its various cartridge save formats (higher capacity meant higher cost for the devs), then certain games use the damn Controller Pak in addition. WWF No Mercy's one of the few games that uses the highest capacity option, 1MBit FlashRAM, due to its excellent customization features.

http://micro-64.com/database/gamesave.shtml

I tried various tools to convert the save but had no luck. Eventually after much hair-pulling and many dead ends, I finally found a savefile that did the trick. I figure the least I could do was lay it all out here in case anyone finds themselves having the same trouble, and finds their way here.

Here's the save: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qsjjmbbwnxq726k/WWF+No+Mercy+(USA)+(Rev+A).fla/file
It goes here: SD:/ED64P/SDSAVE

It works for either version of the (USA) ROM, but you'll want to play the fixed version, Rev A. The game infamously had a bug that would randomly wipe out all your data.

WWF No Mercy (USA)
WWF No Mercy (USA) (Rev A)

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a hell of a time getting WWF No Mercy to boot, it'd just sit at a black screen. Changing save type would get into the game, but of course then you couldn't save.

Eventually I read it'll work if it finds a save game, so I went over to good ol' GameFAQs and download one... but they're in DexDrive format. I figured no problem, I've used save format converters many times before for PS1/PS2 - wrong.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/914112-wwf-no-mercy/saves

N64's complicated further by its various cartridge save formats (higher capacity meant higher cost for the devs), then certain games use the damn Controller Pak in addition. WWF No Mercy's one of the few games that uses the highest capacity option, 1MBit FlashRAM, due to its excellent customization features.

http://micro-64.com/database/gamesave.shtml

I tried various tools to convert the save but had no luck. Eventually after much hair-pulling and many dead ends, I finally found a savefile that did the trick. I figure the least I could do was lay it all out here in case anyone finds themselves having the same trouble, and finds their way here.

Here's the save: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qsjjmbbwnxq726k/WWF+No+Mercy+(USA)+(Rev+A).fla/file
It goes here: SD:/ED64P/SDSAVE

It works for either version of the (USA) ROM, but you'll want to play the fixed version, Rev A. The game infamously had a bug that would randomly wipe out all your data.

WWF No Mercy (USA)
WWF No Mercy (USA) (Rev A)
That's strange. I use my ED64 plus mostly to play WWF/WCW games and I've had no issues with saves or black screens heck I even got two VPW2 rom hacks to work (english patch and FreeM). I too am looking for a way to convert saves to the ED64 easy as it would be great for No Mercy CAWs but at last nothing.

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my hands on one of these earlier this week and so far i'm having a lot of fun with it, mostly trying to customize, test rom hacks, etc. Playing some games too though. I'm finding pretty damn good compatibility so far.

The one thing i'd like to figure out though is how to get my previously created saves (my save created while playing the Banjo Kazooie physical game) to show up using the cart. I was trying to dig around in the menu and figure that out, but I pretty much hit a wall. I'm hoping there is a way I can use my old save on the cart. Any one have any ideas?

Last edited by WiiU_Funkionz,

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's strange. I use my ED64 plus mostly to play WWF/WCW games and I've had no issues with saves or black screens heck I even got two VPW2 rom hacks to work (english patch and FreeM). I too am looking for a way to convert saves to the ED64 easy as it would be great for No Mercy CAWs but at last nothing.
So I finally tackled my "to-do" pile and when I tried to boot @Honkinghard 's WWF No Mercy's save file on my ED64P it did not work and just gave a black screen.

Nintendo6464

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, who using Altra64 (custom firmware on ED64 plus) on your N64, someone explain why this happening... So when I start a New game in example DK64, then I push the reset button, start again and continue the game, randomly I switch the Power button off, all my saves gone, which is already saved on the sd card, why this happening ? With the original firmware doesnt happening this, If I have an already saved game never lost my files. Please help me someone :( I noticed the savegames doesnt lost Eeprom 4k games, only eeprom 16/flashram

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's just one of the many "features" of Alt64 on the ED64P. Still no real reason to change from the default firmware as all others have issues on the ED64P.

Nintendo6464

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just one of the many "features" of Alt64 on the ED64P. Still no real reason to change from the default firmware as all others have issues on the ED64P.
So no any good alternative to replace the old menu ? I want to use Altra64 because the fonts are much better than the old firmware. My biggest problem is the savegames, because if I turn the console off all my already saved games is lost, no any way to fix this ? Anyone have this problem ?

Last edited by Nintendo6464,

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Guys, who using Altra64 (custom firmware on ED64 plus) on your N64, someone explain why this happening... So when I start a New game in example DK64, then I push the reset button, start again and continue the game, randomly I switch the Power button off, all my saves gone, which is already saved on the sd card, why this happening ? With the original firmware doesnt happening this, If I have an already saved game never lost my files. Please help me someone :( I noticed the savegames doesnt lost Eeprom 4k games, only eeprom 16/flashram
Just hit the reset button after playing, in any firmware and flashcart it's the only option (except everdrive X7) i think i said this to you somewhere else xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1