ED64 Plus... my impressions. Any Owners around here?

rustyshakelford

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't help you there my ED64 has no problems with the rev a rom. The original rom always had glitches with deleting saves.
Okay so I tried a different REV A rom and changed the name of the save before dragging it to my SD card and everything works fine now! So it did make a difference of what Rev A rom I put on there and it wasn't saving because I changed the file after I moved it to my save in my sd card.

Last edited by rustyshakelford,

rustyshakelford

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't help you there my ED64 has no problems with the rev a rom. The original rom always had glitches with deleting saves.

Do you play this game with any friends by chance? I remember playing 4 player back in the day but I think the only way to do it was to select royal rumble and turn off over the rope elimination. There is no 4 player exhibition or any 4 player matches other than Tag Team if I remember correctly. I don't remember having to go to royal rumble and seeing the counter at the top showing how many wrestlers are in the ring but it was a long time ago. Did they just not had a normal 4 player everyone against each other mode? I can only find a triple threat match, I know for a fact it was in other wrestling N64 games like Revenge etc.

Last edited by rustyshakelford,

Cake4all

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There appear to be some incompatibility issues with WWF No Mercy. I am new to this forum still so not able to post links yet, but this is something I am reviewing. I was able to at least get the ROM to run when setting16KBEEPROM with The 'R' button to force. This may not actually allow game saves to work and requires setting this every time.
See page 15 of this thread, posted by mekishiko

Reactions: MrCokeacola

LeonR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there,
Anyone knows how to configure both ed64plus os and alt 64 os in the ed64plus, like booting into ed64plus os and then selecting manually alt 64? I can't get this to work, and also does someone knows how to put boxart in the alt64 os? I find little to nothing about these topics on the internet.

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Wow, this thread has been busy. It's been a while.

Anyway, there's this "new" Altra64 fork now, which fixes some of the old issues
https://github.com/AriaHiro64/altra64/

Still doesn't fix stuff like Custom Robo V2, though.
Here's a changelog, if anyone's interested:
Most menus now work fine without having to press b a shit ton
gb64 is now the emulator for game boy/game boy color
neon64 now saves/
background isn't a anime loli (i wont be embarrassed to use this at my sisters house)

Known issues:
Mempak menu is still wonky.
Some games like Custom Robo don't save
Ther'es no database for Problematic games ie set Dinosaur planet to flash saves and the 6102 cic chip.

Oh, and that Super64 red flashcart is just an ED64P with a new shell. It's pretty much the exact same cart.

Last edited by Xalusc,
Reactions: jnl1 and zfreeman

VKLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's been a while since i last posted, i will try this new fork you mention Xalusc and see what improves :D

Im curious, did anyone played the evangelion 64 game from start to finish with this cartridge? im struggling with an error and before someone tell me, i suposedly have a clean dump :P

UPDATE: I tried the AriaHiro64 fork of Altra64 and it works great!
this will stay in my ED64+ ;)
i confirm the neon64 (NES GAMES) saving and all (Press L+ R ingame, select SAVE and if you see an error, try some more times until you see save success then, reset your n64 normally)

Haven't tried the GB emulator yet*

Last edited by VKLink,

grizz_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi all, first time poster btw

Last couple of days i've been enjoying AriaHiro's fork of Altra64 , I'm finally able to play F-Zero X DD64 expansion
Firmware seems to be stable and saving, all good

My only gripe is Doubutsu Banchou aka Animal Leader proto does not work. Game boots but after hitting start game it's just a black screen. Yes i've forced flash save type . With stock ed64plus firmware it's the same situation - a black screen

Dinosaur Planet on the other hand, with latest dinopatch and forced flashram (same save size as DB) works and saves just all right, what do?

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone tested Dinosaur Planet with this new altra64 fork?
I still to this day don't know if the game is really completed and just doesn't run on ED64P or it's a buggy beta that can't be finished.

grizz_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tested it briefly with AriaHiro's 2.0.3.b
It's much more playable than it was day 1 , the game itself is still uncompleted tho
saving works, there appears to be less game breaking glitches

You have to patch the rom first, google dinopatch

Reactions: horokeusama

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested it briefly with AriaHiro's 2.0.3.b
It's much more playable than it was day 1 , the game itself is still uncompleted tho
saving works, there appears to be less game breaking glitches

You have to patch the rom first, google dinopatch
Thanks, I've managed to test it but the game is still pretty much unfinished as you said.

I'm wondering how this new fork deals with games that save using flashram, like Paper Mario.
Not going to dedicate 1 hour of time to get to the first save block just to lose my progress only for testing purposes :lol:

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
2 issues I have now with this device.

Anyone get the 240P test suite alpha to load (either ROM)?
(The fils are on twitter, can't link to it)

And the Puyo Puyo Sun English translation loads to a black screen
Puyo puyo sun 64 translation works in Altra if you change the CIC to 5167 and save to EEPROM 4k

Reactions: zfreeman

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like to add that if you're brazilian and is having a black & white screen when using alt64 / altra64, just change the tv mode in the .ini file to 2 (PAL).

Not PAL-M, *PAL*.
The PAL-M mode seems to be buggy, at least in modern TVs. Setting it to PAL fixed the issue for me when using this new FW.

grizz_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Elru Thank You good sir, I patched clean rom instead of using pre-patched random one found online , It's working great !

Doubutsu Banchou - still no luck

Last edited by grizz_85,
Reactions: Elru

grizz_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You mean carrot team japanese release? I tried both japanese and english translated one, could not pass start screen

Even tried converting to little endian .n64 format , no dice

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You mean carrot team japanese release? I tried both japanese and english translated one, could not pass start screen

Even tried converting to little endian .n64 format , no dice
Yes that one uses CIC 6102 and flashram, but the translated game hangs after press start

Edit:
I found a way to play doubutsu banchou translated!

First you must create a save file of the original japanese game (passing the first level) then rename it like the translated game, that's all

Last edited by Elru,

grizz_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I can't get either rom to boot past start screen. Original black ED64Plus cart with N/P switch on top, ariahiro's altra version 2.0.3.b

The firmware creates some files in SDSAVE folder every time i try to boot it (should be legit 128k flashram save file) but on my end - still no success. Tried wiping them and boot clean rom couple times too...

Could You upload mentioned save via PM ?

Reactions: Elru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended