Gaming Ed Edd n Eddy, Jawbreakers. Is my box legit?

SegaCDSaturn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a boxed Ed Edd n Eddy Jawbreakers (GBA) from Ebay and I have a suspicion that the box (not game or manual) is a bootleg.

The first thing that struck me was the quality of the box, it felt flimsy and the Nintendo seal of quality looked darker than my other 12 boxed Gameboy/Color/Advanced games.

The inside of the box didn't have a tray to hold the game, just a awkward looking piece of cardboard randomly glued to the inside of the box.

Does anyone else's box have these qualities? Is this normal for this particular game?
(Btw, it's a UK Pal copy)

-Brad

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently bought a boxed Ed Edd n Eddy Jawbreakers (GBA) from Ebay and I have a suspicion that the box (not game or manual) is a bootleg.

The first thing that struck me was the quality of the box, it felt flimsy and the Nintendo seal of quality looked darker than my other 12 boxed Gameboy/Color/Advanced games.

The inside of the box didn't have a tray to hold the game, just a awkward looking piece of cardboard randomly glued to the inside of the box.

Does anyone else's box have these qualities? Is this normal for this particular game?
(Btw, it's a UK Pal copy)

-Brad
I believe my US copy of Konami Advanced Arcade has the same "awkward piece of cardboard" you mention rather than the standard cardboard insert.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually bought that game way back when. While I can't confirm the flimsy box, I do recall having to tear the box slightly to get the game out, since the insert wouldn't come out.

SegaCDSaturn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually bought that game way back when. While I can't confirm the flimsy box, I do recall having to tear the box slightly to get the game out, since the insert wouldn't come out.
The insert you had to rip out, was it a normal insert that was flattened to the front inside of the box and glued on because I've seen those before (Some GBA games have that) My particular box literally just has a right angle wired shaped bit of cardboard glued to the inside corner of the box, it serves no purpose what so ever.

Maybe it was just a part left over from what you experienced? Like the previous owner also had to tear it out but left a bit behind?

Another theory is, Bam Entertainment, the guys behind the game were on a budget and printed a lower quality box but that's unlikely.

Last edited by SegaCDSaturn,

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The insert you had to rip out, was it a normal insert that was flattened to the front inside of the box and glued on because I've seen those before (Some GBA games have that) My particular box literally just has a right angle wired shaped bit of cardboard glued to the inside corner of the box, it serves no purpose what so ever.

Maybe it was just a part left over from what you experienced? Like the previous owner also had to tear it out but left a bit behind?

Another theory is, Bam Entertainment, the guys behind the game were on a budget and printed a lower quality box but that's unlikely.
So, most games come with that white box-shaped insert with the manuals inside and a slot for the cartridge on the outside, yeah? Well, if I recall, this game had a flat insert that was slightly raised on either side and also seemingly glued on the sides. the manuals were under the raised part and the place that held the cartridge was centered instead of being to one side like normal. Since the insert was attached to the box, I just reached my hand in and grabbed out the cartridge, but the small amount of space for my hand caused the edge off the box opening to tear. I doubt I've explained it well, but it's hard to describe. Plus, my memory could be slightly off, since it's been over a decade.

SegaCDSaturn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, most games come with that white box-shaped insert with the manuals inside and a slot for the cartridge on the outside, yeah? Well, if I recall, this game had a flat insert that was slightly raised on either side and also seemingly glued on the sides. the manuals were under the raised part and the place that held the cartridge was centered instead of being to one side like normal. Since the insert was attached to the box, I just reached my hand in and grabbed out the cartridge, but the small amount of space for my hand caused the edge off the box opening to tear. I doubt I've explained it well, but it's hard to describe. Plus, my memory could be slightly off, since it's been over a decade.

It must be a genuine box then, as I said I've seen a variety of insert similar to that before but I guess this one is just different. Also all my boxed Gameboy/Color/Advanced games are all 1st party titles so all are pretty much always gonna be high quality but since this is a 3rd party game, budget wasn't as high (I'm guessing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)