Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just got an eCube 1 Gb Flashcart for the GBA.

Does anybody have the drivers/software for this cart? I don't see them anywhere on the internet, even on the sites that normally have them...

I would really appreciate it if somebody posted them. Also, which flashing software do I use for this cart?

Thanks for your time.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
CCNaru said:
This is why I wanted to send it free, lol.

I haven't seen the client get updated even during GBA flashcart was at its prime + NDS was still at its infancy... and its website is dead (gba-toys.com)

Ahh. I see...

Damn. you don't happen to have the old stuff, at the very least, stored somewhere?

Thanks for sending it, though! I am eternally grateful. Ill leave you some good feedback soon.
happy.gif

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok. SO I formatted it in the Wizard, and the program crashes while it was writing the Bootloader.

I am trying to hook it up again and write it but it just minks the GBA, says "GBA connected" and the GBA screen is black.

the program stand still infinitely...

Anybody have a solution to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working! All I had to do was switch down to 2.01 from 3.00, because the latest one is a buggy mess.

2.01 works for everything.
happy.gif

And I just had to change it to compatability mode lol.

And Boktai 3 works with the solar patch! which is something that NONE of EZ Flash products can do for some reason...

Thanks for the help.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For others needing the drivers: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/ has another mirror of them and forums for EZ-Flash users.

Nevermind - it seems that although the eCube is from the makers an older EZ-Flash(true?), the newer EZ-Flash (II/III/IV) are NOT the same as an eCube.

P

pasc

Is anyone still around selling this E-Cube + (most importantily for myself) the USB Cable ?

I'd even take just the USB Cable.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend that you get a DS slot 2 solution that has NOR Flash. The GBA solution that eCube provides is nice to have but not as compatible. I love 1Gb of NOR Flash storage. With a EZ 3-in-1 and any of the $5 DSTT/R4 clones, you can simple copy the file to a SD card. With the GBA link port, you'll have to deal with errors caused by timing issues. My link cable is not letting me get reliable dumps of my test cart (just some 32Mb jobber that I know is legit) with the eCube software, anymore. Even rebooting didn't help. Oddly, the EZFA client works. It wasn't working at the highest speed until a reboot, though. This is where I want to go "Fuuuuuuuuuuuu" because it's kind of hard to use my cart without the cable. I guess I need to go find my spare, somewhere in this pile of electronics jun-err goodies. ;)

BTW: I'm looking into designing a DIY (homebrew/homemade) USB cable using a PIC24FJ64GB002 or similar. It's probably overkill, but they seem to be a family that Microcode wants to support for the next several years. 8KB of RAM means that the old latency issues of USB-to-parallel adapters should be avoidable. It's available as a 28-pin narrow DIP for those that hate surface mount devices.

Got a printer port? I mean a real one, not some parallel adapter for a USB port? There's a lot of multiboot cables 'out there'. I'm currently working on the EPROM guide, as well.

Is anyone still around selling this E-Cube + (most importantily for myself) the USB Cable ?

I'd even take just the USB Cable.
Some site I realized is a ROM site has a list of pretty much every cable I've ever heard of:
Link Cables
Flash2Advance
F2A Ultra Flash 2 Advance
G6Flash
EZFA EZF Advance
ECube
XGflash Turbo
XG2 Turbo Plus
EFA Extreme Flash Advance
GBA X-ROM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tiger crust is great.