Echoes trilogy or de Asobu?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WhiteX, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010

Echoes trilogy or de Asobu? by WhiteX at 4:40 AM (1,213 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. WhiteX
    OP

Member WhiteX GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi,

i want to finish off the only prime game that i lack, however, for USB loading, both echoe sfrom the trilogy disc and the translated de Asobu games lose something, which loses less?

thanks

2. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have the "de asobu" version of Prime. It doesn't lose anything when loaded from a USB, it just skips the main menu and throws you right into the game, because you have to load the alt. dol.

Trilogy would have to do the same thing but you would have to switch the .dol's to change games, since there are no menus. It is played normally if ran from a disc, I believe. You just need DL discs.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    actually you DO lose stuff:
    1. can't unlock the fusion suit or any of the other bonus's or even see them it's impossible in USB since there's NO menu.
    2. your stuck in hard mode no way to change this.

your better off burning this 1 to a disc trust me.

4. pokefloote

United States
    Ohh! Thanks for saying that. I'm playing from a disc from now on. Haha.

5. dlf

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Though if you have a disc, you could create save files for all the games, set the difficulty. Switch to the USB . . . . "profit".

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    haha doesnt work like that if you run from usb it creates a special save file the wii doesnt recolonize it as a save file as as soon as you go to the save games menu it deletes it! you cannot use a save file from a disc in usb just stick with the disc it's not that much faster from usb anyway they fixed the loading times in mp3.

7. dlf

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have apparently it seems. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. WhiteX
    OP

Member WhiteX GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Is this correct?

I mean, i played a lot of games from disc then USB and never got this special save file thingie.

As for the task at hand, my wii´s drive is dead in the water, i´m USB only, i don´t care about the hard mode, i justwantedto know if the alt dol method skips any cutscene or other stuff, if to run "de asobu" you use the alt dol method they end up being the same

9. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Huh? I played a bit from USB and it used the same save file it made when I played from my retail disc (assuming you mean Trilogy). What're you talking about exactly?

10. Gabelvampir

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    The hard mode is virtually the same as the (standard) normal mode of the Gamecube versions of 1+2 anyway. "Normal" was a newly build easy mode for the trilogy release to roughly adjust the difficulty to Prime 3's Normal mode which was easy compared to the old normals.
    At least I had that impression after playing the Gamecube versions of 1+2 to completion before playing 3. And after that I bought the Trilogy Disc (because the GC versions I played were only borrowed) and had the impression the the new hard mode is the old normal mode and Hyper is the old hard.

11. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    No you are not. When playing the game from disc, you spend half your time waiting for doors to open.

12. Gabelvampir

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    A little bit less then in the GC versions. But it can be pretty annoying, especially in Echoes on Dark Aether were you can take a bit damage while waiting for the door to open/load. But I never played the Trilogy release from USB so I don't know how much faster that is.

13. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Just play it through sneek you get all your options and its usb loaded use Nusautodownloader to make a sneek + Di for you. Well worth the time to setup Sneek and you can play sam and max as well from usb

14. pokefloote

United States
    Can anyone give a quick menu path to changing the difficulty in de asobu Prime 1?