ROM Hack Echoes: My Hex Edit changes are reverting when transferred from the PC to SD card

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something really weird is happening.

I take a chapter 1 file, decompress with FETS, open with hxD, change what I need to (stats, a class, etc) and then save it. Then I send that back through FETS to become a normal chapter 1 file again. Then I put that in the folder of the save I'm going to import through JKS.

It worked the first time no problem when I changed Atlas to lvl 20 baron to use the DLC to make him a Spartan.

But now, when going back and trying to change his stats, OR change another character's class, The above steps remain the same but the changes don't hold. NOTHING changes in the game, so I thought to put that same file back on to my PC and open it with HxD and guess what? It's reverted! To the post edited version. I make sure and look at decompressed one on my PC, and the changes are definitely saved there.

What the actual hell is going on here?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you really need to keep posting new threads for every issues with Echoes (or anything else) you come across? You can't just keep posting in the Echoes save discussion thread?

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you really need to keep posting new threads for every issues with Echoes (or anything else) you come across? You can't just keep posting in the Echoes save discussion thread?

This applies to Hex Editing in general across the board. The saves and having an issue with getting it to work.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This applies to Hex Editing in general across the board. The saves and having an issue with getting it to work.
But if it's an Echoes save data related issue, as the title first post suggest, it should be in the Save Discussion thread, as it relates to Echoes save editing.

Reactions: Misledz

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if it's an Echoes save data related issue, as the title first post suggest, it should be in the Save Discussion thread, as it relates to Echoes save editing.

But its a HXD PROBLEM. Not an Echoes Problem. I could have left out the word echoes and it would be all good? Because that's the real issue here. A problem I'm having with HDX

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
But its a HXD PROBLEM. Not an Echoes Problem. I could have left out the word echoes and it would be all good? Because that's the real issue here. A problem I'm having with HDX
Yes.. But any issues that related with hex editing the saves are to be on that thread. Perhaps someone will give a better solution, but right now it's just a new thread that will get overlooked and closed if it's not a game related issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ghostlander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except I didn't. And I've tried it multiple times. Instead of people being assholeassholes on purpose, could there be one actual reply attempting to help? Wht is everyone being scummy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.