Hacking Eboots corrupted after title/icon/etc. change (+other issue)

hubadub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I've been trying to change the titles and icons of my eboots (specifically gpsp and snes9xtyl), but they keep on coming up as corrupted on the xmb! I don't know why this is happening and it's starting to get a little frustrating since I want my psp to look neat and tidy lol. What I do is I use pbp unpacker to extract the eboot and edit the param.sfo and change icon0. But once I save it and move it to the psp, it comes up as corrupted.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated!
bow.gif

Also, on an unrelated issue (since I don't want to make two topics) how can I stop my psx save data icons from coming up as dracula? I know that one solution is to change my eboot icons into 80x80, but I've already made my eboots with icons I took time and effort in finding/making so I don't want to to go through the trouble of moving them back to the pc, extracting, and re-converting. So any help on this problem would be awesome too!!

I have a psp go with 6.20 PRO B9 permanent btw.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
They need to be 80x80 or played only on pops below, and not including, 3.80. That's the fix...if it's a problem you'll need to code an alternative CFW.

As for your eboot editing, what are you changing in the param.sfo? Are you following a guide to do this because that's a prime reason things show as corrupt (this happened to me when i was modifying pic1's and icon0's in eboots like you)

hubadub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
the ps1 icons MUST be 80x80 or teh save icon will be the dracula icon

there is NO fix but to make the eboot with a 80x80 icon

try pspbrew

for eboot editing

I see, I guess there is no alternative then and I should've just followed the answer that was already being tossed around for this problem. I'm also guessing that that same 80x80 icon will become the save icon too as well right?

Also, is psp brew any better/different than pbp unpacker?

QUOTE(xist @ Sep 17 2011, 03:37 PM) They need to be 80x80 or played only on pops below, and not including, 3.80. That's the fix...if it's a problem you'll need to code an alternative CFW.

As for your eboot editing, what are you changing in the param.sfo? Are you following a guide to do this because that's a prime reason things show as corrupt (this happened to me when i was modifying pic1's and icon0's in eboots like you)

I figured as much since that's the only answer I've seen. And I haven't dabbled into popstation yet since the original flash on the psp go seems to be enough to get the games I already have to be running well. I'll check it out though once I get around to converting any of the final fantasies. I'm guessing it comes as a requirement though when running any psx game.

For eboot editing, all I change in the param.sfo is the title. I only really just take out all the version numbers/etc. and leave out the title of the homebrew. And I don't know if icon changing really factors in with corrupting though, but I change the icon too as well. I think it's to more do with the title though. I change it, then click save to file on pbp unpacker and load it up again to save a new eboot.

As for what guide I used, I followed this one: http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/how-to-cu...eboots-t266697/

Specifically the title editing part. The icon changing and saving I figured out myself.

Thanks for the prompt responses guys!!
bow.gif
I guess I shouldn't have took off lol.

EDIT!!!

So I finally found the time to extract and reconvert my ps1 eboots with 80x80 icons, and it replaced the dracula icons on my saved games! So I'm pretty happy about that.

However, I confirmed that icon changing on emulator eboots did not affect corruption, only title change. I managed to change the title of snes9xtyl though and removed the version numbers, but I still can't edit gpsp's insanely long title on its eboot. I don't know why! So some further help on this would be great.

Again, I'm using pbp unpacker to change the param.sfo and reload it on a new eboot. I haven't given pspbrew a try yet though, but will see if it fixes this issue when I find the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr