Homebrew Ebooks and R4

JRDad1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got my R4 and was wondering how to make ebooks readable on it. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
You need to convert them to .txt files. Google for a converter e.g. PDF to TXT Converter if your ebook is in .PDF format etc. If it is a .doc or .rtf file you should be able to open it in Wordpad and then save as a .TXT.

I also recommend DS Reader above the R4's built in reader, as the R4's is a sight for sore eyes whereas DS Reader allows you to choose fonts among other things.

JRDad1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also my ebooks are not regular books, and more of the graphic novel kind (read:hentai), will either of these programs do them justice?

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, naughty child.

Well, I'd go with ComicBook DS for that stuff then
tongue.gif

however, you need to download a converter for it, of which I cannot remember the name.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, that is it!

Thank you Incomplete :]

Well - JRDad1 - I hope that we have helped make your nights of fapping much easier for you now. Enjoy ComicBook DS
=D

JRDad1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ebook files I have (Secret Plot) is an ebook, I can still change the file type and use it with comic book ds? And thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JRDad1 said:
And it's a pdf file. When I'd download them, I'd search under ebooks. Sorry...My fault.

There is a tutorial of sorts about this, either on this forum or elsewhere (sorry, can't remember).
But I do know you need the following files to convert PDF for viewing on DS:

Ghostscript v8.62
GSView v4.9
PictoDS v2.1.0
ComicBookDS v3.0

You install PictoDS, ComicBookDS & Ghostscript first, then GSView. The nfo for the last two tell you to open the PDF with GSView and convert it to JPEG, name the JPEG file & save it. It will name every page in the ebook as such ...Secret Plot001, 002, etc.
Then you zip the JPEGs and open up PictoDS to convert the zip file for use on your DS. Then it's simply a matter of dropping the output file from PictoDS along with the ComicBookDS .nd file onto your SD card...voila!

I think I may have simplified it a little, but the 'tutorial' will help you if you struggle with it. It's relatively easy to do.
wink2.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use Paperless Printer to print the PDF file to a series of JPEGs before using PicToDS to convert to ComicBookDS format. Either way should work.

nourlababidi123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure if this is allowed to be posted, but please warn me if it is
ebookhood.com
its got loads of books, and if you click on download as plain text, the book will come up. right click and press select all, then copy. if your computer has notepad, which nearly every computer alive does, paste it there save it, and move it to the DS reader. i used to use the Ds reader thingo, but i stopped when i found out that my g6 real card can put them without it x3
hope it helps, and im sorry if i dont make much sense.
also, i will delete this or edit it if its not allowed to post sites. thanks.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project Gutenberg has a lot of legally free books in text format you can download. Lots of good classics. You can also look into Moonbooks, dunno if they're still free or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb