Ebook reader like the one in Brain Age

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by jigaboo, Aug 1, 2006.

Aug 1, 2006
  1. jigaboo
    OP

Newcomer jigaboo Advanced Member

Canada
    Just wanted to throw a shout out to anyone considering (or having completed) an ebook reader. I know there are currently two out there, DS Organize and Rich's Textviewer, but neither have an option to read "sideways". If you dont know what I mean, and haven't played Brain Age, I'm talking about holding the DS like a book, with the screens oriented such that there is one on the left and one on the right. If you have Brain Age, you know what I'm talking about - although I would certainly hope that the font size could be adjusted (as the font size in Brain Age is humongous!).

Also, does anyone know of an ebook reader that allows for custom background and text colours? I like to read white on black, not black on white (too much glare).

Anyway, thanks if anyone wants to take up the challenge!
    J

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    No sorry I don't, but it is a good idea for people who really want to use their DS for reading. I don't like to read off of screens personally, but if you're reading multiple books at a time then I see why this might be useful, but otherwise, why not bring the book with you?

3. jigaboo
    OP

Newcomer jigaboo Advanced Member

Canada
    Well, for one thing, books are heavy as heck (especially when you can carry a whole whack of ebooks in place of one dead-tree book). On a long trip, it's perfect to carry a bunch of ebooks - what I've been doing for some time with a PDA. This time around, I figured I would try using the DS instead of bringing a PDA as well.

Typically I go through books in a few days, so mulitiple ebooks are necessary.
    J

4. dude1

Member dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i would want this also
    either text but hopefully at one point pdf
    but it is wanted i mean look at sony's $300-$400 ebook reader or pda's this functionality is common in mobile devices and the ds two screened book shape would be great for showing pages