saw235

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is there any homebrew that can convert Pdf files into NDS readable file? Pictods can't do it too, keep giving out error.
Any help?

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the pdf is just text. Export the pdf as a .txt file then use a homebrew app to read the txt file.

If it has pictures. Find a way to convert the pdf pages into jpeg then use comicbook ds

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how do i convert it to jpeg? I tried comic book ds . No can do
Method I use to convert pdf comics to ComicBookDS .cbds :-

1. Adobe Reader print out using M$ Office 2003's Document Image Writer (a virtual printer) to output an .MDI file.
2. M$ Office Document Imaging to convert .MDI to a colour multi-page .TIF file
3. Unidream's freeware PowerBatch to convert from the .TIF file to multi .JPGs (note the set image size determines the final resolution).
4. Finally ComicBookDS PictoDS to convert the folder with .JPGs to a .cbds (.zip) file with thumbnails, etc.

Must be better ways but this didn't cost me any $$$ and got the job done.

If your interest is .PDF -> .TXT then you use the OCR tool (at stage 2.) to recognise text in the .MDI file and output it to a word document from which you can then save a plain .TXT file that your eBook program can read.

OCR can be problematic depending on the format and layout of the text and can be more trouble than it's worth (but you might be lucky ;-)

gyhelle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A simpler method : install a free virtual printer like PDFCreator, configure it to print in jpeg, open the file with your favorite PDF reader, print, use pictoDS for converting jpg in .cbds.

In the presentation of pictoDS 2.1 here : http://www.dev-fr.org/vos-news/(pc)-pictods-v2-1/0/ (in french)
it is said that you can link pictoDS to your favorite PDF 2 jpg converter

ash.connor

Trophies
XP
Country
convert the pdf to text and read it with moonshell.I have not found any free PDF to image converters

Stole this off Ask Metafilter:

QUOTEThis is something where the open source Ghostscript really shines, especially for converting documents with lots of pages, where using Acrobat's snapshot tool can get very tedious.

Get the latest versions of Ghostscript and GSView from this page and install. Install Ghostscript first, then GSView. Open the .PDF in GSView, go to File->Convert and pick 'jpeg' from the list on the left. You can then select the resolution you want to export at (72 is probably what you want). Pick OK. Navigate to where you want the JPGs to go, and type in for the file name: shadowrun%03d.jpg. Pick Save and it'll start chewing through, creating shadowrun001.jpg, shadowrun002.jpg, shadowrun003.jpg, etc., for every page in the PDF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: