Ebook functionality

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by furfoot, Aug 3, 2006.

Aug 3, 2006

Ebook functionality by furfoot at 9:25 AM (682 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. furfoot
    OP

Newcomer furfoot Member

Netherlands
    What kind of e-books can be viewed by the g6 lite? .txt, .pdf?

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    I think just .txt

3. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    .txt ebooks??? I think it can read .txt files! just not like a picture book! [​IMG]

4. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So far there's no PDF viewer for the Ds at all, for the G6 or otherwise.

In addition to TXT files, most of the Ebook readers can also display HTML files in some way or another. The G6's built in Mediplay-extend does an particiularly shitty job of it, though, basically it just displays all the text and totally ignores the HTML tags. Regular Moonshell and DSOrganize also display HTML, but I haven't tried them, so I don't know how much better they are.

For plain TXT files, Mediplay-extend is the best option in my opinion. It has the most screen use options and does a good job of formatting the text.

By the way, check out http://moonbooks.stonecypher.net/ for a nice archive of public domain literature formatted for reading in Moonshell. The special Moonshell formatting is not needed if you're using Mediaplay-extend and can actually end up looking crappy depending on what layout or font you use, but it's a nice archive. I recommend using a program like Metapad to remove all line breaks from your text if you're using Mediaplay-extend.

...word is bondage...