Hardware [ebay score] Rare First GBA Flash Linker Cart(Flash Advance 64M)

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Visoly Flash Advance 64M + Linker

from the creators of the Legendary

Mr. Flash/GB Doctor 4/8/16/64M!

7314692580_4caf121ae1.jpg

The flash advance 64M created by Visoly(formally Bung) was the first commercially
released GBA flash cart to be made.Housed in an unusual Gameboy cart form factor
and having a measly 64M memory, this cart is for collection purposes. Hopefully
I'll be able to play gameboy roms on original hardware with this and the GB-Bridge add on.

7314704812_1d99306e17.jpg

DESCRIPTION:

"The Flash Advance Linker is the first professional mass produced development and
backup device for the Gameboy™ Advance. Just like a Cradle for your Palm or other
Handheld Computer the GBA Flash Advance Linker is plugged in to the Printer port of
your PC. Once connected it can simply send and receive game ROM data from or to
the plugged in game or Flash Cartridge"

"Product Features Highspeed Printer port connection Can be used with 6 AAA standard
Batteries Cool transparent design For Gameboy Advance only (cannot be be used with
GB Color) Can be used with a standard 9V power supply Tons of free Software available
for Gameboy Advance and for PC Download and upload gamesaves into/from your
original Game Cartridges! 64 M Bit rewriteable flashcard Supports multi rom function
(Two 32M rom files can be stored)"

SOURCE

The cart made news in 2001 concerning piracy controversy on
nintendo word report

I was mostly interested in the Flash Advance 64M + Linker, the GBA and games
were a bonus. It wasn't like my usual stealth kill wins since I was the only bidder...

edit: great price too $35! :yaysp:

LINK

Zelduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude,I would pay money just to BORROW this thing from you! You got one heck of a deal!

...So what do ya say? $30 for week rental?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not "Rare" and it's not even a good flash cart...in fact, it's a piece of crap. There's a reason no one bid on it, but whatever floats your boat. :)

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not "Rare" and it's not even a good flash cart...in fact, it's a piece of crap. There's a reason no one bid on it, but whatever floats your boat. :)

I think it is rare since it's not easily found to my knowledge. Can you provide links for purchase? I would love to get another! Also it is for collection purposes and for loading gameboy roms on original hardware via gb-bridge.

edit: came with GBA SP freebie lol.

Zelduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh,I wouldn't rent the thing if I HAD the money,but it would be extremely nice to have.

mandraxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell of a score...
Digital Deviant and the others who might like this - if you're interested, pm me - I've got a flash linker, the original in box (no bridge though sorry), and the 64mb cart, plus a GBA, if you're interested.
I'd pm you but I can't find the darned thing on the menu - just joined. Ya, I'm a newbie here, but been in the scene since the modem days so no worries.

Peace out,

mandraxx

P.S. I just love talking about the old time days of backup! Remember Mr. Backup! I just found my Super Wild Card, too! I paid 400 bucks a piece for those suckers and that was a lot of money back in those days. Lucky for me, I keep finding my old backup units. Now it seems the kiddies are spoiled - just hack your firmware, and download all the games in one week - take a look at the wii! Lol. Remember when it took time to download those games - and they were only 64kb! 128kb maxed ya out. Good times.

Reactions: 1 person

postulio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I just picked one for these linkers and carts up (for a little more than you paid for the lot, which btw, is an omgwtfbbq amazing price with those CIB games, even for 5 years ago).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's any way to use this cart on a regular GB or GBC if loaded up with GB/GBC ROMs. or is this a 100% GBA hardware cart just in a large GB style housing.

thanks in advance.

PS where do i get software to flash this? anyone has links?

Last edited by postulio,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared