Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
sorry but these threads are hilarious for some reason today.

NOW I SEE WHY PEOPLE IN THE UK EXPLICITLY SAY _DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE FROM NIGERIA OR FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES_!!!!!!!

yeah dude, all I can say is..if you get the money cool shove it in your bank account before you ship... and nobody can take it back out.. if not, it is a pure scam.

on a brighter note, amptor is a friendly ebayer... one time I had a guy from Bosnia bidding on my dvd burner (brand new in box, mind you, not used or anything).. so it was an 18x sony burner right... anyway, he made one of the lower bids and asked how much $ it'd cost to ship to Bosnia. I was like bonsia wtf, so I threw out a figure..usually USPS.com lies to me and undercuts the shipping cost, so I looked it up on there and added a few bucks on because that normally makes it within 50 cents of the shipping charge at the post office so that neither party is ripped off by them. Anyhow, now that this paragraph is getting long... I figured the guy would get outbid anyway and he wouldn't go for the shipping charge so I was in the clear. WRONG! lol. so he eventually won the auction and paid me via paypal. So I put the money into my bank account and waited a couple days, then on the second day I went and shipped it and I forgot but I think that day or the day after it cleared with paypal and went into my bank account. So I shipped the item to him with delivery confirmation. He didn't want insurance though because his duty would've been more had I done that. So eventually I get an email from him saying he got the drive and he liked it a lot. I was wary of dealing with someone from a communist country, but it turned out fine. I just would probably still be very skeptical of a Nigerian bidder and also a bigger problem with Nigerian bidders is they potentially can scare away other bidders from your auction. I think they should be banned.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got partially-scammedtwice by those bastards in Nigeria. I sell an item then I get this uber-long email with lots of spelling mistakes saying 'i want you to ship it to my brother in nigeria'. Of course, I did not send it. I just replied with a long email with lots of curses.
tongue.gif

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As if there aren't loads of scammers in other places, such as the "great" country you call America? Your very own government often scams you. Don't slander the entire country for the actions of few.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I got partially-scammedtwice by those bastards in Nigeria. I sell an item then I get this uber-long email with lots of spelling mistakes saying 'i want you to ship it to my brother in nigeria'. Of course, I did not send it. I just replied with a long email with lots of curses.
tongue.gif
Careful what you do, especially if they know your personal info (phone number, address). Best thing to do is to ignore them.

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geez, there must be some "Guide to Scamming for Beginners" out there cos I relisted my item just yesterday and once again I get the exact same email save for a different address, although the number is the same..
I just rung it and someone picked up after a few beeps.. I hung up after though..
Wonder if he's some british representative of all scammers in nigeria..

If anyone in the UK wants to ring up, the number is : +447024028604

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.