eBay and pirate copies of NDS Games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by QazzaQY2K, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2006
  1. QazzaQY2K
    OP

Member QazzaQY2K GBAtemp Regular

Sweden

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source Here

2. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    Haha that Nintendogs sticker looks harsh. I wonder, do these actually play the proper games?

3. TheRocK

Member TheRocK GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Where are the metal connectors on the carts? How can they play without them, since it's the connection from the cart to the ds?!

4. CyrusVN

Newcomer CyrusVN Advanced Member

Australia
    So it will encourage those who r going 2 buy these will buy a Supercard and Superpass instead. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chillyp

Newcomer chillyp Advanced Member

Australia
    It took them a lot longer then I expected.

They should work in a DS like normal carts, the connectors are dark coloured not non-existant. Historically however pirate carts have bad bad issues with saving and so on.

The worst part is they are usually put out by asian organised crime groups.

6. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I know I shouldn't say this but before I bought a flash cart for the GBA, I used to buy bootleg GBA games from stalls in Hong Kong. The snapping point was buying Advance Wars and Tactics Ogre and I was half way through both of them when... BAM. Save gone. On the bright side, I traded them into my local gaming store and got £50. And someone actually bought it when I noticed it wasn't on the shelf anymore. So there's someone, somewhere who's now frothing at the mouth due to their game not saving....

7. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    i loled so hard.... anyway, i remember seeing GB mono pirate carts, some of them where HUGE with lots of games. heh...

8. TheRocK

Member TheRocK GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    So if there are Pirate Game Carts out there... why can't they make flash carts like this?!

9. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    I hope there will be some nice Hacked Games dumped, like it was with GBC/GB pirate cards. [​IMG]

P.S. New Mario ava/sig!

10. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I'm being safe and sticking to the supercard, at least I know then I'm playing pirate games. I do buy the original carts if I like the game. I would be really pissed if I bought a pirate cart off ebay.

11. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    There's something I've been wondering about when the GBA pirated games started appearing. Is it actually possible to buy once write blank GBA carts? Yeah I know it's better to buy an official flash cart and you can put any games you want on it as many times as possible but I was wondering how do the bootleggers create a once write cart?

12. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    The reason why it took the pirates so long to come out with these kind of carts is because they were waiting for someone to develop something that could authenticate the device. The only devices that has managed to do that was the PassCard3 and the MaxMedia Launcher. So basically the pirates had everything ready...they just needed the key.

13. Korvost

Newcomer Korvost Member

Sweden
    Yes, a pirate one, hahahaha!

Edit: F.Y.I, would it be possible too reflash pirate carts, both GBA and NDS.

14. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    My brother bought one of these for GBA, but most of the games were duplicates of each other and they didn't work properly. The store owner refused to take it back but he finally exchanged it for some shitty pac man game.

15. ChaosTheorySD

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My dad always used to buy me those X-in-one game carts from the Philippenes. They rocked. Yeah, some carts where full of copies about 8 or so games, but I actually did have a few with 200 some odd unique games on them. A lot of them weren't very good, but they usually did the trick if I had a few minutes to kill (there was some gae called Spanky's Quest or something that I was addicted to for awhile).

16. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    i don't think it will be possible... with the old gb/gbc pirate cards you couldn't reflash them, they were read only i think? like a CD, you burn it and then you can't change the information that already is on the disc (unless it's a RW disc ;P)

17. GreenJ

Newcomer GreenJ Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    do the games work?

18. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    What in the hell are you doing replying to a topic that hasn't been posted in in two and a half god damn years?!

19. Rowan

Member Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    its what the new members are doing they post on dead topics to raise their count just look at bankai kirby

20. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Hmm BankaiKirby doesnt post on threads that have "expired" years ago... Just on threads that expired for a few days or weeks. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.