EasyCap help

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an EasyCap for my wii a year or two ago and I could never get it to work. I am looking to get it working again.

I have the DC60 model and I have the installation disc and the easycap.

When i tried it before the program that the disc installed never worked. So I installed virtualdub and that didn't work either. i found many tutorials and followed them all and nothing works.

Am i doing something wrong?

Windows 7 64 bit

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Connect the corresponding red, white and yellow cables to the EasyCap USB stick, connect the USB stick to your PC and install the drivers on the PC...?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connect the corresponding red, white and yellow cables to the EasyCap USB stick, connect the USB stick to your PC and install the drivers on the PC...?
I do that, and when I open the ulead software it installs as well I go to source to select the easycap and nothing shows up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJieux6Ouc

First tutorial I found and it appears to work. You have a US flag, so I'm guessing you're US-based and you have an NTSC console.

You're probably not picking up the signal because you didn't change the video settings - it needs to be set to Video Composite (Component if you use the Component cable) and NTSC.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9qJieux6Ouc

First tutorial I found and it appears to work. You have a US flag, so I'm guessing you're US-based and you have an NTSC console.

You're probably not picking up the signal because you didn't change the video settings - it needs to be set to Video Composite (Component if you use the Component cable) and NTSC.
Okay thanks i'll try this when I get a chance

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9qJieux6Ouc

ok i got around to doing this now, but when I'm in the capture tab like on the video, I cant choose options because it is greyed out. When i double press it it says Either no video capture driver is installed on this system or there is no device connected
My easycap is connected

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe there are some driver issues, check in the Device Manager to make sure that the device was detected. Plug and Play aside, drivers may be incompatible with your version of the system and you might have to download additional ones.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe there are some driver issues, check in the Device Manager to make sure that the device was detected. Plug and Play aside, drivers may be incompatible with your version of the system and you might have to download additional ones.
in device manager I went to properties for the usb 2.0 capture card and it says no drivers are found.

How do I get the drivers for my system? (win 7 64 bit). I looked around but Im not sure if any of the downloads are safe or legit (i just found drivers on a youtube video and its in an exe file... Im not running that)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
in device manager I went to properties for the usb 2.0 capture card and it says no drivers are found.

How do I get the drivers for my system? (win 7 64 bit). I looked around but Im not sure if any of the downloads are safe or legit
Well, if the drivers are not found then it's likely that the original ones are 32-bit, and thus incompaitble. You'll have to look around for 64-bit ones.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do I get the drivers for my system? (win 7 64 bit). I looked around but Im not sure if any of the downloads are safe or legit
Well, if the drivers are not found then it's likely that the original ones are 32-bit, and thus incompaitble. You'll have to look around for 64-bit ones.
Okay i'll try. Do you have any ideas on where i should look or should i just google them? like is there an official easycap website?

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an EasyCap and there are no official Win7 drivers. To get it working on Win7 I had to google for drivers and got lucky with an unofficial set.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the win7 drivers from the exe file and rebooted. I plugged in my wii cords and opened ulead. I saw my wii menu flash for a second on the screen but then it disapeared. I tried unplugging and replugging everything and everytime I open ulead it just blinks the wii home menu and disapears...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I installed the win7 drivers from the exe file and rebooted. I plugged in my wii cords and opened ulead. I saw my wii menu flash for a second on the screen but then it disapeared. I tried unplugging and replugging everything and everytime I open ulead it just blinks the wii home menu and disapears...
There must be something wrong with your config - make sure that the signal is set up correctly and browse through the settings. The dongle is clearly working if you got a blink.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There must be something wrong with your config - make sure that the signal is set up correctly and browse through the settings. The dongle is clearly working if you got a blink.
I went through the settings and I can select NTSC but i cant select input source like he does on the video at 2:52.. its greyed out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: