Hacking easy way to patch wad with the right ticket?

annubbis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there any easy way to do that?

PS: I have used the search engine and i found out that i had to install the wad, dump the wii memory and then, patch the .tmd with a wadpacker
blink.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if your trying to install a VC game, just install the WAD from the download you got... there's not patching, dumping of the Wii memory, or anything like that... just install, reset the Wii, and play

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the patch option (-p) creates a fake ticket that works on any wii, because the original ticket only works on yours. so if you create a wad from your own downloaded VC game, you have to use that option for it to work for others.

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Arakon said:
the patch option (-p) creates a fake ticket that works on any wii, because the original ticket only works on yours. so if you create a wad from your own downloaded VC game, you have to use that option for it to work for others.
Thats incorrect. The -p option just randoms the ticket gamecode so many channels with the same vc game can be created. What prevents the wii game from working on other wiis is the wii nand filesystem encryption but that is taken care by the wii fs dumper that decrypts everything. Kike wadpacker is what creates the incorrect tickets so if you have used this you cant download the actual game the ticket was refering to on the wii shop channel.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eh, no. when the blaze packer came out, injection wads didn't exist yet, hence there was no need for different game IDs. I know for a fact that my release of PSII didn't work on other wiis until I used the -p option.

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
the -p option does NOT randomize the ticket.
Through my own experimentation I found that the blaze packer -p command changes a line of hex at offset 0x01d1 in the .tik file......
Doesn't touch the 4 letter ticket at all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs